Herb that helps thalassemia

• 24 Replies

Offline zahra

Herb that helps thalassemia
« on: June 06, 2012, 11:45:41 AM »
This is part of an article published in ' The News' on June 4. Any comments from anyone who knows about this herb and how to get it would be appreciated

.Dr Seyal is a cardiologist. He has written many useful books on medicine and religion. Some of these were discussed in one of my earlier columns. Because of its importance, I am quoting his email: “As you know, I am neither a haematologist nor an oncologist, but I have always kept my eyes open to all kinds of patients coming to see me. It is now more than 30 years since I happened to have observed this herbal drug given to a cancer patient by a Hakeem. The drug did not have cytotoxic affects (effects due to treatment for cancer) but could really avert the toxic effect of the cytotoxic regime, such as hair falling out.
The need for transfusion was also reduced quite a bit. There was no discolouration of the skin and appetite remained good. I gave that drug to my patients and saw marvellous results. In 1988 the sister of my hospital receptionist suffered from Thalassemia Major and was almost at death’s door. Just for the sake of doing something, I gave her this particular drug and, surprisingly, after a few months she showed not only remarkable improvement, but tested negative for thalassemia (checked by Aga Khan Hospital). It was then that I started giving this medicine to all thalassemic patients and the results have been very encouraging – Thallasemia Minor cases becoming negative in a couple of weeks and blood transfusion requirements in Thallasemia Major cases gradually decrease.
The drug in question is Fegonia Critica, the whole flowering plant (plants collected during March and April show excellent results). This drug probably affects the stem cells besides having an immuno-supportive effect... The refined bitter alkaloid of the herb does not seem to have any influence on thalassemia or as a supportive therapy in cancer. Surprisingly, this herbal plant has shown unbelievable results in Hepatitis C patients.. .” Dr Seyal’s email address is: arseyal@gmail.com.

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
Re: Herb that helps thalassemia
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 03:09:04 AM »
This herb, also called Dhamasa has well established antioxidant and free radical scavenging properties. I would say that it would definitely have a use in thalassemia. I don't know what effect it would have on maintaining Hb, but the fact that it has been shown to have an effect on gene expression, should make it a candidate for further study. I would also be very interested in hearing from anyone who has or will use this herb over time.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline surendra

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 05:06:48 AM »
I have recently heard about Lingzhi herb which gradually decreases transfusion need and now this dhamasa. We are looking for these types of herbs which is very effective in thalasseamia major.  I really want to know that anyone who is using this herb and its effects??

Offline zahra

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 05:44:53 AM »
I looked up Dhamasa but it appears that that is Fegonia arabica . Is it the same as Fegonia Cretica?
Fegonia cretica has turned up in Ayurvedic medicines  in online searches but in combination with other herbs.
I have written to Dr Seyal . Lets see what he says. Also maybe someone in India could trace it out through an ayurvedic doctor , pharmacy,clinic?

Offline maha

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2012, 11:48:28 AM »
Can anyone in Pakistan check this out. Here's the link to the doctors website. http://arseyal.com/medicine.html

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2012, 01:55:40 PM »
Fegonia arabica appears to be the same as Fegonia Cretica. See http://www.ayurvedguru.com/vmchk/Ayurveda-Herbs/Dhamasa.html .
It is often used as part of herbal formulas. The scientific research into the herb is very promising. I would not hesitate to use it.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Bobby

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2012, 02:50:54 PM »
Is there anything on availability and prices? I didn't see anything.

Offline adeel

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2012, 07:47:15 AM »
hi all
i also contected this doctor through email he replied me that this disease thal major can be treated within two years of his treatment but i have to meet him at his hospital well Ian not satisfied with his reply so anybody live there in Multan or near Multan plz have some query about him
best regards
adeel

Offline Dharmesh

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2012, 09:50:45 AM »
Hi Dear Andy and all,
I have a clue from a book (Very Old) having description on Dhamasa or Fagonia Arabica.
Trying Translation. In short it's blood purifier or Anti-oxident. It eliminate blood defect.
Will write more.
Dharmesh
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 11:02:13 AM by HANUMANT AASHRIT »
Start listening your body, it always gives signs

Offline Dharmesh

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2012, 11:47:00 AM »
Hello,
There are so many types of Cactus. As per the book(Doctor of Hindustan/India or Aryabhishak.) mainly 4 types of cactus are explained. All these are more or less Anti-oxident.
One of them is Prickly pear, As per the book, the fruit of Prickly pear is accurately eliminate the spleen. It is required to be taken after practice.
Some ideas about this Cactus can be taken from Wikipedia.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opuntia

Offline baal

• to be or not to be
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2012, 01:30:12 AM »
that remembers me at my childhood days.
in that time (before 40 years) a herb-doctor
give my parents the advice to put one
special kaktus for some time EVERY day
at the left side of my belly to reduse the
size of my spleen.

can u imagine that picture.....
little panos and the big kaktus.
my parent never did this to me....but i have to
smile now....when i read it here.

Offline Dharmesh

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2012, 12:38:24 PM »
Hi baal,
Andy has told me about your own developed chelation therapy. Bravo and Congratulations for it and i think that your iron level are under control.
What exactly i want to say is that
in case of this Cactus the fruit have to be eaten with great experience. Let me clarify that i haven't tried it. But it is written in the book which is Great book of "Aaurved" published in 1957.
The wordings are " it eliminate" the spleen means it reduce the size of the spleen mean reduction of hemolysis caused by it? Right or Wrong? It' s just a logic of my based on the interpretation by me.
Bye the way you was prescribed Cactus therapy for spleen? so i want to ask whether u r from India?

Offline Dharmesh

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2012, 12:55:14 PM »
Hi Dear All,
On Prickly Pear or opuntia dilenay.
The syrup of fruit of Prickly Pear is available in india or even in my city, to the extent i believe.
I haven't meet any patient taking the same. Dont know about the effect of syrup instead of the original fruit.
Dharmesh

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2012, 11:36:18 AM »
Aslam-o-Alakum .... i also read this article......but pls let me know what is its local name........ as i checked in pakistan and told all the apperance which is mentioned in the articel....but i got the reply that ...herb of this name is available ...but its not looks like which i told as per articel................so pls let me know the local name...thx

Offline Dharmesh

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2012, 07:24:13 AM »
Hi Mumtaz,
The local name is Dhamaso (Javaso) and latin name is Fagonia Arabica.
There are two-three types of Dhamasa and it might be the reason that what u found out do not look like what is said as per article.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk