I feel like I won the lottery twice

• 3 Replies
I feel like I won the lottery twice
« on: June 24, 2012, 02:34:53 AM »
Hi everyone,

I am so happy to have found this website, and it is wonderful that this site offers so much info and advice.  I just wanted to share my story as a Thal minor who is married to another Thal minor.   My hubby and I knew of our conditions before we got married.   My dad had warned me about my condition but my DH did not even know of such condition until I told him.  When I told his parents that one of them has the condition, they just looked at me funny and thought I was crazy.  We are Chinese and I can’t believe they have never heard of it. 

Anyway, Hubby and I wanted to start a family a little over 10 years ago but it took awhile before we got a little Carson who is now 4 ½ years old.  We are both 37 years old now.  My first one ended in a miscarriage at 8 weeks with no heart beat, and I think it could be due to Thal Major but the doctor said it was just a missed miscarriage.  My second was a Thal Major and we decided not to keep him/her.  I didn’t have the courage to ask for the sex of the baby.  It was probably the most heartbreaking experience in my life.  Then we have a little Carson…alpha-alpha alpha-alpha (Thal-free) as the doctor calls it.  I call him my miracle baby.  4 years later, we decided to try for another one. I am now 13 weeks and we just got our CVS result back…it’s another boy (was hoping for a girl  :biggrin) and he is a Thal minor.  Can you believe how excited we are?  We are on cloud nine at the moment.  This will probably be our last as I don’t think we can get any luckier than this.

For those who are trying for a baby, baby dust to all of you…there are miracles out there….be happy and stay positive!!

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
Re: I feel like I won the lottery twice
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 02:41:47 AM »
Thanks for the uplifting story and congratulations. Make sure you're taking folic acid and natural vitamin E during the pregnancy. In fact, if either parent has anemia, folic acid is recommended.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Pratik

• Thal Major.
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 04:30:32 PM »
Hi clgirl,

That's fantastic, congratulations. Wish you a happy life with your babies. :)
Every child is special.

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2012, 10:58:52 AM »
Carmen, i am just so happy to hear that.... i am actually having the same concerns as yours now whereby my gf is also a alpha thal minor, so do i... how do you come across all this pressure and i really need some advices here. thanks.....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk