HOPE

• 4 Replies

Offline Christine Mary

• Mother of Lauryn, who has Thal Major
HOPE
« on: September 14, 2006, 04:57:36 PM »
great news!!!
Lauryns drs said THERE WILL DEFINITLY BE A CURE FOR THAL DURING HER LIFETIME, AND SHE WILL OUT LIVE ME AND MY HUSBAND!!!
THAT MADE ME FEEL FANTASTIC!! :cheer :clap :cloud9 :wub :happyyes :bighug :yahoo :yahoo :yahoo :yahoo :boogie :heartred :heartred :veil :flowers :heartpink :heartpink :friday :friday :jumping :kissy :thumbsup :pray :pray :grin :grin :wavey :wave :pray

Lauryn's Mom

Offline Bostonian_04

Re: HOPE
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2006, 06:20:02 PM »
Hi Christine,

Thanks .. it is a real good news ... hope for for my daughter too. There is nothing more joyous than hoping (and hopefully seeing) that our daughter outlives us ....

Bostonian

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes ? - Plato

Offline Narendra

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2006, 07:01:18 PM »
Hello Chrissy/Bostonian_04,

Glad to hear that the doctor mentioned that there might be a cure in Lauryn's life time and believe that to be true. We are having so many advances in medical research that the HOPE sure is going to come true. I am very happy that the doctor's mentioned that to you. My niece's doctor in India was so ignorant to tell my sister's family that this girl might NOT live for more than few years (and I am sure this ignorance is going on around in lots of other parts of the world).

Just think of it - there are patients on this website and elsewhere who mention that instead of desferal they dreamt of Oral Iron Chelator's and today we have it.

LIVE for the dream
-Narendra

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
  • اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
    • Islamic Resources
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2006, 09:09:51 AM »
I would like to share this quote about Hope which is so true.

Many of the great achievements of the world were accomplished by tired and discouraged men who kept on working

We have conquered this disease a lot and eventually we will conquer what is left of it. Thals are living a longer healthier life than what was expected some decades ago.

So keep your hopes high!

Take care and Peace!
اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline namitha

• Drop of Life!
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2006, 03:22:20 PM »
Hi all,

I am really glad things are shaping up on the cure front. Yes Sajid, we have conquered thal to some extent and will rout it out of the universe in the next few years hoepfully  :mad. NASTY THING! Makes my blood boil.

Hope is eternal, so I wait for a cure.

Regards,
Namitha
You are a child of the universe,
no less than the trees and the stars;
you have a right to be here.

Max Ehrmann's Desiderata

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk