• Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
    October 21, 2020, 04:49:06 AM

• Login with username, password and session length

Sajid's dove

Tell everyone they can now find this site by typing this into their browser:

thalpal.com

Click to visit us on Facebook

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please send an email to: andythalpal@yahoo.com
Please do not send questions about thalassemia to this address.

Administrators
Andy
Danielle

Thalassemia Patients and Friends and thalpal Ā© A. Battaglia 2019

55387 Posts in 5925 Topics by 6238 Members
Latest Member: MytiMouse

Forum Tip: 
You can now simply type thalpal.com into your browser and it will take you to this site. Tell your friends about this easy-to-remember name.
www.thalpal.com
« previous next »
Pages: 1 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Article i found on Thal Minor research/glucose intolerance/low HDL levels  (Read 8625 times)
Snowygem

« on: September 25, 2012, 11:32:44 PM »

http://care.diabetesjournals.org/content/25/8/1480.full

Was researching L carnitine and L arginine and saw blood sugar stuff crop up so looked up if there was connection to blood sugar and thal ( im probably late to the info party on this one but oh well :P) And came accross this. Now of course this isnt completely conclusive, but still it makes for interesting reading when i have a maternal genetic history to high cholesterol ( ie maternal grandparents + mum - and she got it when she was 27 and the docs dont know why) and maternal grandfather + his dad and his brother and uncle are/were type 2 diabetic and mum has glucose intolerance. Drs havent genetically tested mum, dad or my bro, just the usual FBC to see if they had the same  profile as me as far as blood film/ MCH/MCV/MCHC was concerned.

EIther way, in case people hadnt seen this, i thought i would show you guys.... food for thought?
Pages: 1 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: