Thalas Care in France!

• 2 Replies

Offline Hewsauce

Thalas Care in France!
« on: September 29, 2012, 08:23:41 PM »
Hello everyone! :)

Just wondering if anyone has any information about the thalassemia care in France. I'm going to further my studies there next year for 3 years!
I've never actually had a transfusion done outside my pediatric ward. Even though I'm already turning 19 in October, I just love the doctors and nurses who raised me up to actually transfer to the adult ward :P
So I really have no clues about the procedures of getting care abroad and the cost involved.
So far I can't find any information about care in France as everything is in french. (I have yet to master their language!)

In Malaysia, where I come from :D, I take desferal for the excess iron and the government has been so kind as to give it out for freeeeeeeeeeeeee :D :D hahaha.
That's another thing that has my parents a little worried. The cost of desferal in France! I use quite a lot now, which would easily cost us more than MYR1000 (USD320++) each month.

So any and all information pertaining to thalassemia care in France would be much appreciated :)

I really want to try and make sure my parents aren't so broke/worried because of me! They've took such good care of me all these years. Time to take over. haha :D
Everyday is amazing, if you want it to be.

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
Re: Thalas Care in France!
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2012, 08:43:16 PM »
We have this information for thal care in Paris.

Hopital TENON
Hopital de jour de Medecine
Batiment Gabriel, 1er etage,
secteur violet, porte 2

Dr. Alain Kanfer

Phone: +33(0)156016542 and 6317

I believe that university students at public universities in Europe who are from other countries can participate in the national health care plan at no cost. I would suggest contacting the university and find out if this is true for students at that specific university.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Hewsauce

Re: Thalas Care in France!
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2012, 04:10:57 PM »
Thank you so much for your prompt reply :)

I don't know yet which university in what part of France will I be going to as registrations are in December.
Just checking out and finding out all that I can beforehand. So if anyone else have any information feel free to drop in a reply!
Everything is really appreciated.

Thank you so much Andy!
You really do help so many people from all over the world.
Loves.
Everyday is amazing, if you want it to be.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk