Getting Pregnant

• 11 Replies

Offline fairytale

Getting Pregnant
« on: April 14, 2007, 09:23:12 PM »
Hello everyone,

I also have thal major and u cant believe how happy i was to find this web page.  I hope someone can help me with what is troubleling me.  I'm 33 and would like to have a baby but apart from having thalassemia i have irregular period and my endocrinologist gave me progyluton (cyclacur) hormone pills.  Without these i don't have a normal cycle.  Does anyone have the same problem and managed to have children?  How easy was it?  Any feedback will help me alot.

Thanks

Re: Getting Pregnant
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2007, 09:05:11 AM »
Hi Fairytale,
Im from sydney Australia, and i also had the same problem as you (im also a thal major patient) i now have a beautiful 3 year old child! so things are possible it can be done! good luck.feel free to ask any other questions.

Offline fairytale

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2007, 11:47:32 AM »
Hi Sidneygirl,

Thank you so much for your reply, you gave me hope.  How easy was it getting pregnant? Did you need special treatment?  Again thank you so much :)

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2007, 12:59:40 PM »
Hi,
for me fairytale i went through the ovulation induction program & then fell pregnant naturally.For me i was one of the lucky ones and fell pregnant on the first cycle(after 2 weeks).Even the doctors were amazed as they said it normally takes about 6 months.

Offline fairytale

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2007, 12:05:31 PM »
thank you so much sidneygirl

Offline akka1981

• Think positive, Confidence is the path to sucess
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2007, 12:58:55 PM »

Am Akka, maldivian thal major age 26 yrs. I  too hope to get married soon. This was one of the quiestions that was bothering me. Now am confident after reading these posts. I also have problems with my periods and take hormone treatment. After that i get my periods regularly.

Many thanks for your posts.

KIT, TC

Love Akka

Offline Miaki

• Ash and Me Dubai
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2007, 02:29:52 PM »
Hello Fairytale

I too am a Thal Major,  I wasn't having any periods and with similar medication to what you are on currently I was able to fall pregnant and now have a beautiful son who is aged 12 yrs old.

Anything is possible you just have to believe witin yourself.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Miaki

Offline Couka

• Lebanese Thal Major Patient
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2007, 04:02:51 PM »
hello everyone
This is Carol from Lebanon . I'm 24 years old and i have thal major.
i got married last June, and all what i'm dreaming about for now is to have a child.

You all are really great and you really gave me hope .. God bless you all.

With love Carol.
Carol

Offline Danielle

• Beta Thal Major
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2007, 07:56:10 PM »
Welcome to the site, Fairytale!   :hithere  You will find many people here who are having, or have had, the same issues you are dealing with.  I'm sure you will gain some insight here. :)

Couka, I don't believe I have seen you post before, so I want to welcome you to the board as well!   :wavey

Offline fairytale

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2007, 08:30:51 AM »
Thanks a million for all your replies,

Did any of you have skin conditions while taking these pills ( progyluton or cyclacur ).  My skin is full of brown spots and ive used different whitening creams but nothing seems to work ???

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2012, 01:02:14 AM »
hi i just wnat 2 know any thal major women who dont get period by her slef and she take pills for her peiods and got pergnant and had baby
plzz plzz i really need reply
thnks

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2017, 08:14:10 PM »
It took me approximately 9 months to get pregnant, I now have a beautiful three month old.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk