Connection between symptoms with extreme exercise and extreme diet

• 2 Replies

Offline Berlian

I'll explain length enough about my case that might be a lesson for other minor thalassemia patients. It's about the relationship between extreme diet and extreme exercise with symptoms of thalassemia minor. Since August 2012, I started to run extreme exercise and extreme diet that aims to establish my sixpack muscles. Per week I workout in the gym 4 to 5 times. Duration of each exercise 1.5 hours to 2 hours. Imagine that! Then I eat rice every day 2 times. That is, every time I eat only one-third portion of the plate only. I eat tempe (a kind of food made from soybeans from Indonesia) 100 gr. That was two days. Every day drink milk only once. Egg 1 to 2 per day. Eat less meat. Rarely eat fruit, especially vegetables. And the result is I lost weight 7.2 kg from 65 to 57.8. 6 months passed. In early January 2013, I began to feel the symptoms of anemia. I check hb 11 and blood pressure 100/60. I guess it's just the effects of iron deficiency. I started eating foods full of nutrients every day. My Hb was increased to 14 three weeks later, and blood pressure is 120/80 two weeks later. My symptoms began to diminish. Headache and tinnitus disappeared. But the symptoms of fatigue, drowsiness, and dizziness is still there. From my case above, if we can conclude that there is a connection between extreme diet and extreme exercise with symptoms of thalassemia minor? Thank you.

Never Give Up!

Offline TonyF

Re: Connection between symptoms with extreme exercise and extreme diet
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2013, 05:17:13 AM »

If you are doing weight training 5 times a week for 2 hours its WAY too much for anyone. Keep each session to 45-60 minutes. After 1 hour your testosterone levels will plummet = no energy and burnout.

Also it doesnt look like your eating much fat, put everything you eat into a tool like http://cronometer.com/ . See how many calories, fat, protein etc you are REALLY eating.

Dont guess about iron deficiency, get a iron/amenia blood panel test done..

Hope that helps.

Offline Pratik

• Thal Major.
Re: Connection between symptoms with extreme exercise and extreme diet
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2013, 05:37:55 AM »
If you are doing weight training 5 times a week for 2 hours its WAY too much for anyone. Keep each session to 45-60 minutes. After 1 hour your testosterone levels will plummet = no energy and burnout.

Also it doesnt look like your eating much fat, put everything you eat into a tool like http://cronometer.com/ . See how many calories, fat, protein etc you are REALLY eating.

Dont guess about iron deficiency, get a iron/amenia blood panel test done..

Hope that helps.
Exactly.

I do weight training about an hour for 3-4 times a week. 2 hours is just an overkill.

And you also need proper nutrition while you train.

-P.
Every child is special.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk