13th International Conference for Thalassemia Patients and Parents Feb 2008

• 48 Replies

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
It's quite a ways off, but the next TIF conference has been announced. Start making your plans because I want to see as many of you as possible there.  :happyyes

13th International Conference for Thalassemia patients and parents will take place in Singapore from the 22-26 February 2008

The TIF conference in January, 2006 was a great experience and the best part was meeting so many of you there.  :biggrin  So mark your calendars.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Nur

Finally, a conferwence so close to home!  :biggrin I will try my best to go..

Hope to see you guys there too  :cheer

Offline hippievamp

• taken on my 30th
I would love to go, and I've never been to any confrences but, I could never afford to fly to Singapore.  So you'll have to count me out!  :wah

Offline Andy Battaglia

Hippievamp,

Don't rule it out. You might be able to get sponsorship through TIF, CAF, or even possibly Novartis if you are on Exjade or desferal. There's plenty of time to plan, so keep all this in mind. We'll try to keep people updated as to who will be sponsoring patients for this conference. You might also check into sponsorship to the US TAG conferences, through CAF (Cooley's Anemia Foundation).
Andy

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
  • اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
    • Islamic Resources
Hippievamp,

Don't rule it out. You might be able to get sponsorship through TIF, CAF, or even possibly Novartis if you are on Exjade or desferal. There's plenty of time to plan, so keep all this in mind. We'll try to keep people updated as to who will be sponsoring patients for this conference. You might also check into sponsorship to the US TAG conferences, through CAF (Cooley's Anemia Foundation).

Wow! do these organizations really sponsor us patients for such an expensive trip? Why? Is this offer only for US residents only? cause' the only thing that's also holding me back is $$$Cha-ching$$$

Take care, Peace!
اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline Maako

Hi guys,

Ever since Andy told me about the next TIF conference being held in Singapore, i have made up my mind to go coz im already in Malaysia and will be here even in 2008. It will be abt 6hrs drive for me by bus. So if things go well until then, i will be there..

Would luv to meet u guys... hope to see a lot of u there...

:heartpink Maako
Maako

Offline hippievamp

• taken on my 30th
 :biggrin  Andy are you for real?  That would be wonderful!  Would you know who I would have to talk to or write to?  If you know anymore or find out anymore please let me know.

I'd love to meet you all in Singapore!!!!!

Offline Andy Battaglia

Hippievamp,

You might also think about the US conferences that TAG puts on and apply through CAF for sponsorship. I don't think there is a date set for the next one yet, but I'll post as soon as I know if someone doesn't beat me to it.  :wink  I'm sure it will also be posted as soon as a date is set at

http://www.cooleysanemia.org/index.php

A question for those who have been sponsored to conferences. Does belonging to a local or national thal association help your chances of being sponsored?
Andy

Offline Ash

• Thalassaemia WS
Re: 13th International Conference for Thalassemia Patients and Parents Feb 200
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2006, 05:41:21 AM »
I love meeting thals at the conference thats the best part the rest just sucks

I cant say right now whether I will be there or not but if I am then I will be doing this there.

I will try to be there with family.......
Regards.

Offline Nur

Re: 13th International Conference for Thalassemia Patients and Parents Feb 2008
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2006, 03:29:20 AM »
Dear Andy,

I don't know if it helps if you are from an associations or not. Maybe it would be helpful if you are a patient, parents or someone that deal closely with Thalassaemia to get a sponsorship.

Nur

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
  • اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
    • Islamic Resources
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2006, 05:46:31 AM »
Hi Nur,

What's the procedure for the patients? Is it only applicable to residents of US? Where and who do we contact to get a sponsorship?

Take care, Peace!
اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline Eponine

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2006, 07:57:27 AM »
WOW! This is FAST!! The official annoucement has not even been announced yet! I was waiting for the official annoucement before posting this info here. Guess Andy beat me to it! :winky

In the midst of all these conference preparations now.  :gaah

I really cant wait to see all of you together. I can arrange something for us to see who is who finally.  :evilplan   

Start saving now! You have slightly more than a year! TIF and the organisers are willing to sponsor quite a number of patients for conferences like this. It's not only for US residents. It's for patients all around the world. We want as many patients as possible to get the most out of this conference. Maybe once I get to know more about it I will let you guys know.

Offline Nur

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2006, 04:48:40 PM »
Dear Sajid,

You can apply for the sponsorship through the TIF website. It's not guaranteed to be accepted but you could try. There is a form that can be downloaded when there's an event and you just fill it up. It's for every one no matter where they live.

Does anyone know if it is possible to apply for sponsorship from other organisations like from pharmaceutical company or any other local business groups etc... How do you do it?

In the midst of all these conference preparations now.  :gaah

I really cant wait to see all of you together. I can arrange something for us to see who is who finally.  :evilplan   

Can you give us a hint on what to expect in Singapore? I am for sure looking forward to meet you all in there. After all, Seberang Tambak is only a few meters long  :wink

« Last Edit: November 06, 2006, 02:38:41 AM by Nur »

Offline olivia

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2006, 12:30:32 PM »
Hi,

This sound exciting cos I've never been to any of the conferences before and since it's so near in Singapore, might just mark down my calendar. I'm looking forward to it and hope to meet u guys there.

Olivia

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk