13th International Conference for Thalassemia Patients and Parents Feb 2008

• 48 Replies

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
Hi Dora,

I hope we can all make it to Singapore. It is a long time off but you're right. We should all start saving and planning.

Sigh. I recently figured out how much time I spend on this site every week by dividing my 100 plus days, by how many days the site's been open and found out I average about 40 hours per week on this site, in addition to spending about 60 hours per week involved in work for my store. And yet, I still can seldom find time for happy birthdays and welcomes and where are yous? I hope everyone knows that I do think of you even if I can't find the time to say hello. Each of you has had an effect on my life that has given me something that I had never even known existed and I thank you.

Looking forward to meeting you as many of you as I can in Singapore.

« Last Edit: May 20, 2007, 06:37:36 AM by Andy »
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline KHALIFA

• ONE FOR ALL AND ALL FOR ONE
Andy i love to go there but  :huh can i take my bike with me  ???
                                khalifa
                          state of kuwait
RED_PILOT

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
I hope to be there, I would love to attend a conference and of course to meet all of you!

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline ~Sweet*Petite~

Hi all,

Just thought I'd let u all kno that the Conf has now moved from Feb 08 to Oct 08   :cold

The TiF website now lists the new dates as 7th-11th Oct 08 (yey I get to celebrate my b'day in the Far East   :bigparty  )....

Hey, at least we have a lot looooonger to save up now!! :clap

Can't wait 2c u all .... :high5

Saj x

Offline akka1981

• Think positive, Confidence is the path to sucess

Woow!! this is good news. I thought it was postponed to Ocotber 2008. Anyway am glad. Will try to join and meet all of you all there.

Tc, God Bless U

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
  • اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
    • Islamic Resources
Hi Akka,

Yes it is postponed to October 2008.

I wish there is some way that TIF can sponsor patients. My foundation is affiliated with TIF, I'll ask them about any sponsor program. If there is one, then I'll be there as well!!! :happydance

Hope to see you all there :pray

Take care, Peace!
اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Re: 13th International Conference for Thalassemia Patients and Parents Feb 2008
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2007, 05:26:52 PM »
hi i am silky i want to know Re:  13th International Conference for Thalassemia  Patients and Parents is on which date plz tell final date i also want to join members

Offline Miaki

• Ash and Me Dubai
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2007, 04:09:05 AM »
the TIF conference will be held in Singapore 2008, 7th - 11th October. There isn't any formal notification as yet but I am sure something will be posted in the next few months.

I hope to be going and if so get to see and meet some of you there.

Miaki

Offline Eponine

« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2007, 03:28:48 PM »
Hi All

I'm VERY excited to tell you all that the conference is CONFIRMED! It's on 8-11 Oct 2008.
It will be held in Singapore. The official announcement will be out soon. By early next year you should hear from your National Thalassaemia Associations.
Keep a look out.

Offline Andy Battaglia

Re: 13th International Conference for Thalassemia Patients and Parents Feb 200
« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2007, 07:31:04 PM »
Thanks for the update, Eponine. Is there any info yet on hotel accommodations for the conference? I really hope I can arrange to come.
Andy

Offline Lyanne

« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2007, 10:40:19 AM »

Wow!  I do hope i could attend too, it would be exciting meeting all of you in person!!!!! Especially you Andy!  :grin
LYANNE :yahoo

Offline Andy Battaglia

« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2007, 04:39:04 PM »
Hi Lyanne,

One tip I can give to people wanting to attend is that TIF seems more likely to sponsor those who are active in their own local thal associations. I will try to keep everyone informed as to when TIF starts accepting applications for sponsorship. I hope everyone can go, including me (hehe). I think the best part of the conference is meeting everyone and I hope to meet you there.  :biggrin
Andy

Offline Smurfette

• Me and my Goddaughter
« Reply #42 on: November 26, 2007, 05:41:40 AM »
Well singapore is looking good for me so far :) Fingers crossed x

Its not far from australia and I am sure that most aussies would like to attend (including myself) then might go to the states after that...who knows...

:) :) :)

Offline Eponine

« Reply #43 on: November 26, 2007, 05:23:59 PM »
Thanks for the update, Eponine. Is there any info yet on hotel accommodations for the conference? I really hope I can arrange to come.

Hi Andy

Definitely! We will have a package with accomodation and if negotiations go well, we might have a special airfare with an airline carrier as well for participants of the conference.  :cheer
Will keep u guys updated once details are firmed up. The conference will be held soon after the F1 race so things will be a little crazy.

Offline Eponine

« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2007, 12:20:17 PM »

I wish there is some way that TIF can sponsor patients. My foundation is affiliated with TIF, I'll ask them about any sponsor program. If there is one, then I'll be there as well!!! :happydance

Hey all
TIF will give out some sponsorships but I'm not sure how they will do it. Probably through the National Thalassaemia Associations in your country / state. Do keep a lookout for it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk