Related between symptomatic person with hb?

• 7 Replies

Offline Berlian

Related between symptomatic person with hb?
« on: April 09, 2013, 09:07:28 AM »
whether all patients with thalassemia minor who has some symptoms must have low hemoglobin and hematocrit? For example, men under 12  and women hb under 10? Thank you.

Never Give Up!

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
Re: Related between symptomatic person with hb?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 02:21:59 PM »
No, many minors have a normal Hb level. Even then, some report symptoms.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Berlian

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 11:33:19 PM »
andy, why it could happened? Did not think it was, you once said that thalassemia minor patients with normal hb not be affected by the symptoms of anemia? It makes sense if the symptoms of thalassemia minor patients with normal hb like easily fatigue during exercise, easily get sick like flu. But are daytime sleepiness and dizzy also included symptoms in patients with normal hb? Thank you.

Never Give Up!

Offline Berlian

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2013, 12:26:30 AM »
I've tried vitamin E 400 IU,
Vitamin B complex, folic acid 1
mg daily for 1 month. But day
drowsiness and dizziness did not
go away.

Never Give Up!

Offline Berlian

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2013, 12:34:14 AM »
Ever since I was little I did have a lot of symptoms of thalassemia minor in general as poor stamina, susceptible to disease, cold sweat. But I guess sleepy during the day with a bit of dizziness is not one of the symptoms of thalassemia minor with normal hb. That includes symptoms of anemia symptoms, but my hb normal. It made me depressed and frustrated.

Never Give Up!

Offline Pratik

• Thal Major.
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2013, 05:50:06 AM »
I'm thal major, I too do get tired sometimes but I try to maintain my stamina most of the times; although I stay home through major part of the day and go to Gym and college few times.

Try taking or adding some NO supplement like Arginine and if you want to try - IP6. Yes IP6 is used by many majors to remove excess iron stores but it DOES NOT remove the normal iron.

I found that after I started IP6, I have better stamina. I posted about such experience a lot on thalpal when I first tried it in November 2012.

-P.
Every child is special.

Offline Berlian

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2013, 06:42:28 AM »
Thank you for your suggestions Pratik. Actually, I rather suspect the symptoms that I experienced the cause is not from thalassemia minor. Before I had a frustrating symptoms of this, I'm healthy and able to workout at the gym 5 times a week. Active in student organizations, and was able to follow the lessons in the university well. For you who have thalassemia major, I think normally if you often feel tired or have some symptoms. As for me? All components in my blood test results is normal, except for MCV and MCH were low indeed. Andy also once told me that the most likely cause my symptoms not thalassemia minor. Unless my hct or hb low. I really want to recover from the symptoms that interfere with my life.

Never Give Up!

Offline Berlian

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2013, 06:55:45 AM »
If it is minor thalassemia patients with normal hb and hct can have many symptoms, I hope Andy would like to explain the theory of why it happened. If in my case symptoms like often drowsiness and a bit dizziness occurs if my hb down to 10 or 11 it makes sense. Because oxygen in the blood is reduced. And I would often feel palpitations or shortness breath. Now I did not feel palpitations or shortness breath. Only frequent drowsiness and a bit dizziness, plus sometimes mental fog (difficulty concentrating, forgetfulness, confusion). I wish Andy would like to explain to me the theory and the relationship between hb and hct were normal with symptoms such as frequent drowsiness, dizziness, and mental fog. That is, if indeed there is a connection between the two. I am very grateful to Andy if he would explain this to me.

Never Give Up!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk