ferriscan in UAE

• 9 Replies

Offline zahra

ferriscan in UAE
« on: May 09, 2013, 09:02:44 AM »
I just found out that ferriscan is available at Rashid Hospital and Belhoul hospital in Dubai. Has anyone been there? Need guidance on how to get in to the Dubai health system being from Abu Dhabi.
Zahra

Offline zahra

Re: ferriscan in UAE
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2013, 09:52:47 PM »
Rumors that ferriscan will be available in Abu dhabi by September  :)

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2013, 02:07:58 AM »
Hi Zahra
We are doing our utmost to expandFerriScan availability in UAE and across the GCC.  It is available at Belhoul Hospital in Dubai either through the Emirates Thalassaemia Society or privately. I'll get some updated information from our distributors and give you some more definite information about when it will be available in Abu Dhabi.
All the best
Wendy

Offline Pratik

• Thal Major.
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2013, 07:00:28 AM »
Hi Wendy,

It'd be great to have it in India, too.
Every child is special.

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2013, 03:19:13 AM »
Hi Pratik
India is another country we are looking at as a priority at the moment. I'll keep the Thalpals community informed as soon as I have something definite for you.
Best wishes
Wendy

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2013, 09:11:37 PM »
Wendy,

The sooner the better. After talking to doctors at the Philadelphia conference this weekend, I feel I have no confidence in the liver MRI's currently being done in India. Tell Tim they need Ferriscan ASAP.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Dharmesh

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2013, 11:05:04 AM »
Wendy,

The sooner the better. After talking to doctors at the Philadelphia conference this weekend, I feel I have no confidence in the liver MRI's currently being done in India. Tell Tim they need Ferriscan ASAP.
Why it is so, Andy bro?
Start listening your body, it always gives signs

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2013, 08:23:52 PM »
I was told that the MRI's are not sensitive enough to give an accurate measure of liver iron. The T2* tests are accurate, but liver MRI may not be. I have seen some absolutely ridiculous results reported, so I tend to agree.
One other thing that was mentioned repeatedly is that ferritin tests have a very limited value, and that is only for comparison to previous results. We need to work at getting Resonance to bring Ferriscan to India. I hope Tim St Pierre makes this a priority.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Dharmesh

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2013, 06:45:39 AM »
Which MRI Dear Andy?

Whatever done here is MRI for Cardiac and Liver Iron Assessment, which is reported as T2*Scores of both Liver and Heart.

Though Ferritin has a limited value but till it is higher than 2500 ng/ml, patient can chelate with two chelator without worry.

Now , tell me what is the exact difference between Ferriscan and T2* MRI of Cardiac and liver iron?
Start listening your body, it always gives signs

Offline Poirot

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2013, 07:52:58 AM »
Ferriscan is offered by Jhankaria Imaging Centre, in Mumbai.

Unless they have stopped recently.

Cheers

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk