Can u share this ...struggles and success and jokes

• 3 Replies

Offline anjali_zakky

Can u share this ...struggles and success and jokes
« on: October 24, 2006, 05:25:43 PM »
Hey...

I am there in Delhi in International Conference of TIF to present a lecture on "Thalassemics : Education , employment and social acceptance "....rather than a boring long lecture that nobody understands or even cares to listen ..i wannna present real life cases...So to all of u...plz send me ur current status as to where are u now ..doctors , enggs , lawyers. business , comp sector ...etc etc etc ..and what all difficulties u had to face in ur education , employment or on social front and how beautifully u come over it....it wud be a moral boost to so many....plz support ur details with newspaper / media coverage ...u can scan and send me the photographs , newspaper clippings etc....hey if v are able to boost even one thal ...i think its worth it..worth the time spent ...so plzzzzzzzzzzzz do it. v have been lucky enough to hv moral support..others deserve that moral boost too......

Also if u came across any practical jokes due to being thalassemic ...come over and share...

u may send me the details on my id : anjali_zakky@yahoo.com

Anjali
Cheers nd Keep Smiling !!!!!!!!!!! :)

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
Re: Can u share this ...struggles and success and jokes
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2009, 03:24:43 AM »
We can still have a sense of humor. Lisa, the founder of this group, was one of the funniest people I have ever met. Going out to dinner with her meant our sides would ache from laughing all night. Yes, thalassemia is serious, but please allow people to be people. We do very serious work here, but we are all people who like to enjoy life. By the way, Anjali, who wrote the first post in this thread, is working very hard to help thalassemics and spread awareness about thal in India. She is very serious about this work but she is also a very friendly, happy person who understands the importance of portraying thals as real people with real lives, and jokes are part of life.

I think you'll find that there's room for both seriousness and fun. Welcome to the group.

:welcome2
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2009, 07:34:22 AM »
Well said Andy,in this world full of stress,we do need good humor to stay sane.

Zaini.

^*^Xaini^*^

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
  • If I Can, Why Not You??... If I Can U TOO !!!...
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2009, 10:25:12 AM »
1) @ indoroids
 :welcome2 ....

2) @ Topic
I like it What You said, Andy ....   Serious Discussions with Humor to make them light and make myself and other thals live the life on ligter side , That's wat i want, that's wat i really like, that's wat i always try's to  do :) ...

Umair
« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 10:36:50 AM by nice friend »
Sometimes , God breaks our spirit to save our soul.
Sometimes , He breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes , He sends us pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes , He sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes , He sends us illness so we can take better care of our selves.
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk