my baby has been born with different rhesus,pls help

• 4 Replies

Offline lily_81

my baby has been born with different rhesus,pls help
« on: September 13, 2013, 01:10:44 PM »
Dear All,
My baby has been born 4days ago. During my pregnancy, I got 11bags of blood transfusion. I am thal minor with O+,my husband is A+ and normal. This morning, doctor said my baby has jaundice (11.5mL/L) and her blood type is A-. How could this even possible O+ + A+ = A-? And what is the worst possibility that could happen to my baby? Please help me, I'm so confused and worry about my baby  :wah

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
Re: my baby has been born with different rhesus,pls help
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2013, 06:46:26 PM »
The Rh factor is determined separately from the blood type.

http://www.canadiancrc.com/paternity_determination_blood_type.aspx

Rh Positive (Rh+) and Negative (Rh-) Blood Types

The Rh (+/-) factor is inherited separately from the ABO blood types. Similarly to the masking effect of the O gene in ABO blood types, the Rh negative (Rh-) gene is also masked by the presence of a Rh positive (Rh+) genotype. Therefore, a person may have a Rh + blood type and can still have an Rh - gene (See the chart below). Furthermore, 2 parents with Rh + blood types can have a child with Rh - blood type.

This poses no threat to the child's health. The jaundice should clear after a few days. However, when she is older, she needs to be aware that she is Rh-, because if she has children with a father who is Rh+, then there is potential for problems.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline lily_81

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2013, 02:44:58 PM »
Andy,
Such a relief to read that. My baby has been in light therapy (UV) for 3x24 hours, I hope she'll be ok soon. I am wondering if my blood transfusions during pregnancy due to Hb dropped evry 7 weeks was because my baby Rh - ? I never had blood transfusions before 

Offline maha

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2013, 03:24:51 PM »
hi lily
My mothers an O+ and my dads an A+. I am an A- while my sister is an O-. My daughter (A+) had jaundice at birth and was under photo therapy for 3 days. She is a healthy 15 year old now. So don't worry.

Offline lily_81

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2013, 06:40:12 AM »
Maha,
Thanks for sharing.glad to know everything goes well in your family,my daughter position's is similar with you. Did you get Rhogam injections during pregnancy to prevent Rh incompatibility?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk