NEED TO DO A T2MRI AND FERRISCAN

• 17 Replies
NEED TO DO A T2MRI AND FERRISCAN
« on: December 03, 2013, 11:26:08 AM »
HI ALL
           How r u all? i am fine..  we want to get a T2MRI and a FERRISCAN done. but since both r not available in my country, we have to go abroad to get them done. Can anyone recommend me a hospital in dubai or malaysia where both these reports can be done? i dont know if i am postin in the wrong section..
            since my ferritin is high 4000 odd, several times we have thought of gettin these done , but hv not been able to do them.   i am allergic to desferal, not much of a response with asunra n deferiprone. MY Dr said to get these done  to decide on the next course of action dependin on the results. I would really appreciate it if anyone can advice me on where i can do them.

thanks a lot
shazi

Re: NEED TO DO A T2MRI AND FERRISCAN
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2013, 01:01:41 PM »
dear andy and dear  all.

please can someone let me know where T2MRI and Ferriscan  can be done. are they available in india and if so where? anxiously waiting for ur advice.
thanks a lot
shaziya

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2013, 02:39:28 PM »
Hi,

I believe it happen in Delhi, Hauz Khas. if you are delhi based then i can get exact detail for you.

Regards
Sushil Thakur

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2013, 05:35:15 PM »
Hi Mr Sushil

thanks for ur reply. i am from sri lanka. these reports r not done in my country.. in delhi wil they do for private patients?

thanks once again.
shaziya

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2013, 11:11:59 AM »
In India Dr Jankharia's Imaging Centre.
Bhaveshwar Vihar 383, S.V.P. Road, Mumbai.

+91 22 66173333

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2013, 05:21:53 AM »
Hi ashishvadera
  thanks a lot. i called jhankarias imaging centre. they have T2MRI for cardiac and liver.so we are wondering if  it is the same as ferriscan? i thought T2MRI and ferriscan are 2 separate reports as i have never done these. wondering what to do? so confused.

thanks
 shaziya

Offline Rehman

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2013, 04:42:35 AM »
Hi shaziya

im sending you the thalassemia center contacts in dubai
they will give all details

Thalassemia Centre
Oud Maitha St.
AL WASL Hospital
Box: 9115, Dubai
United Arab Emirates
Telephone 0097142193794
Facsimile : + (971-4) 3113108
E-Mail : ThalassemiaCenter@dohms.gov.ae
THALASSEMIA  MAJOR.

Offline Dharmesh

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2014, 11:26:36 AM »
Ferriscan is a MRI test which measures iron stored in liver accurately while
t2*mri measures the iron stored in heart and liver both.

The difference is that Ferriscan is advance technology but measures only liver iron.

In India , T2*MRI is more popular and widely accepted by patients as well as doctors.
Start listening your body, it always gives signs

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2014, 02:43:23 PM »
Both tests are required as liver iron load does not correlate with cardiac iron, so both should be tested to determine the true iron load.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2014, 07:56:11 AM »
HI
thank you. thank you Rehman, Hanuman Ashrit and Andy
just today i saw ur posts. thank u all

we want to check the iron in the heart and liver both. so should i do this T2MRI in mumbai which measures the heart and liver both or do 2 separate reports of T2MRI and ferriscan as done in other countries? since we r doin it for the first time, dont know what to do? sorry for asking so many questions.
 would appreciate any advice
Rehman i called the thal center no u gave me n they said they do only for thals who are living in dubai. they told me to try belhoul hospital. which i had already called a few weeks ago. there they do only ferriscan.

thanks
shaziya

Offline Dharmesh

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2014, 08:43:45 AM »

we want to check the iron in the heart and liver both

thanks
shaziya

just do t2* mri it show iron of heart and liver both.
i dnt know frm whr u r so unable to give u location. but to the xtent india is concern it can be done at mumbai, delhi and ahmedabad.

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2014, 06:07:17 AM »
Hi Hanuman Aashrit

thank u so much. we wil try and get them done . i wil let u know wut happens.
thanks once again.
shaziya

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2014, 04:01:17 PM »
Both tests are required as liver iron load does not correlate with cardiac iron, so both should be tested to determine the true iron load.

You need to do both test, T2* only measures iron in heart, Ferriscan only measures iron in liver.

The statement posted recently that T2* measures iron in both heart and liver is not correct.
Regards.

Offline Dharmesh

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2014, 11:22:32 AM »
Dear CF

In India the T2*MRI cover both the organs namely liver and heart.

my mri report shows both the values. and it is posted elsewhere.

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2014, 01:41:20 PM »
Hi Hanumant,

Thanks for your post. What you referred is FerriScan and cardiac T2* dual analysis service in India.

In conditions such as thalassaemia, a high liver iron concentration (LIC) may also be associated with cardiac iron overload. Once a certain threshold of LIC is exceeded, iron may begin to accumulate in the heart and other organs. Patients with elevated LIC are at greater risk of future cardiac complications and premature death.

FerriScan liver iron concentration analysis provides accurate monitoring of hepatic iron loading, acting as an early warning of possible future cardiac complications.

The cardiac T2* dual analysis provides, in addition to LIC, a measure of cardiac iron loading. This gives clinicians further information on which to base decisions regarding treatment options.

Cardiac T2* is the most widely accepted MRI-based method for assessing heart iron loading.

It provides significant information for assessing the risk of cardiac failure and arrhythmia.

The FerriScan and cardiac T2* dual analysis service is charged per scan only, requiring no purchase of software or hardware.

Regards,
Regards.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk