Need urgent help , what to do if found Pregnant (Thal Major) ?

• 2 Replies
Need urgent help , what to do if found Pregnant (Thal Major) ?
« on: December 25, 2013, 05:25:54 PM »
I was wondering whether I should post this or I should ask people in Personal msgs only..... But than something came in my mind and I thought ,why should I go behind the wall for my queries & present situation ,Everyone here can ask whatever he/she wants.
I browsed on internet and on this website also but couldn't find matter related to my questions.

21years old girl(thal major) , on regular transfusion(12-15 days, 350ml,packed red cells) , takes asunra for chelation , regular vitamin D,calcium and folvite. more work pressure, less/no time for peace, no exercise , food is not good.

Question is that  she might be pregnant after using precaution(condoms),  missed her menstrual period(25 days) , due date was 23/12/2013, still nothing. and she is not feeling well, headaches,body pain, no desire to eat , even vomited(blood also) just a few minutes ago when she was trying to eat something,feels sleepy now a days. I fear she is pregnant and those are the signs of pregnancies.
The things that I'm afraid of are--
1) she is beta thal major so , can she take any birth control pills ? (as pills can affect her health and body adversely ).
2) whether she is going to face any bad health condition in the upcoming days due to pregnancy ?
3) we have not tested for pregnancy upto now(still waiting for menstrual period,if its delay is due to natural reasons) , but   what action we should take if results come positive to pregnancy ?
4) should we go for pregnancy test now or is there a time for that(like 1 week/2 week/3week after menstrual period delay) ?

need help guys, don't know much about thal and I just can't let her suffer .

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
Re: Need urgent help , what to do if found Pregnant (Thal Major) ?
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2013, 07:21:17 PM »
The vomiting blood bothers me. I think she should see a doctor because of this. When I vomited blood, my appendix had burst. I don't think this is something you should wait and see, as vomiting blood can be a serious problem.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Re: Need urgent help , what to do if found Pregnant (Thal Major) ?
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2013, 08:12:57 PM »
Also No abdominal pain , no constipation but a little bit loose motion ,loss of appetite ,also fever few days ago.......

@Andy- We will consult the doctor on weekend.As you are saying cause of vomit could be appendix. so blood vomiting is not related to pregnancy(if in case) ?
And taking pills for birth control will be a good option for her ?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk