My iron chelation experience

• 3 Replies

Offline andyy

My iron chelation experience
« on: February 21, 2014, 01:41:00 PM »
My nickname is Andy. I would like to share my iron chelation experience for last one year. My background I am 34 years old Beta Thal Hb E Major.  Hct. 12 I don't transfuse but I was when I was young for beauty and height.

I never went to a hospital around 10 years because I stopped height and they didn't give me blood. Till last year, I was curious my health so I got back to a hospital. My ferritin were 1031 points hct 15 I said I am ok. thus a doctor  didn't give me blood but I must chelate with Desferal 6 bottles /night 2days a week. Its price was 10,560 Baht a month (USD300).

One month later when checking up, I told my docter I will buy desirox online from Canada website instead I paid 1,700 baht per 30 tabs. The ferritin test after using Desferal increased from 1031 to 11xx .My doctor said I may eat high iron on my diet but I swore I ate carefully. He gave me 1 tab at night for Desirox.

After taking Desirox I was still to the hospital to follow my test every 2 or 3 months but I couldn't remember exactly because the test was online on doctor pc, he didn't give me the printed results. So former last visit I tried to look at his pc screen and remember my Lab that I saw my ferritin 1058. In my memory, my ferritin decreased not over 100 points for 6 months totally.  Doctor said because he gave me low dosage.

May be it was a lucky for me, the latest desirox order was seized by Thai Custom (5 bottles) in the meanwhile I have read about Alpha lipoic Acid and Acetyl L Carnitine to chelate from this website. I had no money to buy new drugs but I had for buying supplements. I took these supplements before seeing doctor 3 months. He saw the lab and surprised because my ferritin was down from 1058 to 770. He told me if I took only these supplements and ferritin down I will not take expensive drugs anymore. Now I am waiting to know the next test because I can’t afford drugs price but for supplements are very cheap and liver function is better too.

Thank you so much for sharing good information on website.

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
Re: My iron chelation experience
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2014, 02:36:53 AM »
andyy,

That is really interesting and I hope you will continue to update us on your progress.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline andyy

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2014, 05:09:04 PM »
I will be back to hospital on May.

Offline Pratik

• Thal Major.
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2014, 01:52:39 PM »
Andy (miss :D), that is great to hear that!

Yes, add also IP6 if you have not already combined with L Carnitine (which you already are taking) and you will notice the difference. So pleased to hear that!

Also what kind of rubbish Thai customs department is? Didn't you show them prescription? It's not their god damn right to snatch a patient's expensive medicines.

-P.
Every child is special.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk