Bluebird Bio Releases Data on Current Gene Therapy Trials

• 192 Replies

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
Re: Bluebird Bio Releases Data on Current Gene Therapy Trials
« Reply #105 on: November 08, 2015, 03:29:27 PM »
The recent news regarding Bluebird Bio's trials has been very positive for Beta + but not as great for Beta 0s.  All patients have experienced improvement but 2 of the beta 0s have required one transfusion each and one is still dependent.  I wonder however if more time is required to see the benefits for these patients.  Beta 0s require a greater level of expression than Beta +.  I'm glad there is improvement in all of the patients - I hope the team continues to fine tune the treatment until everyone can be cured.   We are closer than we have ever been. 

As an aside, I personally believe SKs vectors with Bluebird's preparation and diligence would be superior.  Hopefully we will see carefully planned trials from SK soon.
Sharmin

« Reply #106 on: November 08, 2015, 03:53:53 PM »
Thank you for sharing. I echo your comments on SK as being superior.

After so many years of wait, no one wants a cure with side effects of treatment impacting the quality of life of patients. Although, at this point there is no perfect cure in progress but patient well being should be supreme.

Regards.

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #107 on: November 08, 2015, 06:21:10 PM »
I hope and pray that these companies continue to fine tune these procedures and bring them forward in the best interest of patients. 

I'm looking forward to hearing Bluebird's results at the end of this year. 

I hope that SK allows the cure that they are sitting on to get to the patients who need it. 
Sharmin

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #109 on: January 13, 2016, 09:58:48 PM »
Thank you for sharing Parin!
Sharmin

« Reply #110 on: January 14, 2016, 01:48:28 AM »
My broker called me today that share price declining as investors and funds are getting impatient about the trial results. Bluebird is planning to announce results in second half of 2016.

Note: I do not have a share position in Bluebird, but keep an eye on corporate development.
Regards.

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #111 on: January 14, 2016, 02:18:12 AM »
That is very interesting Canadian Family.  Hoping for the best!
Sharmin

« Reply #112 on: January 14, 2016, 02:56:03 PM »
Excerpt from Motley Fool Article...

bluebird bio's shares plunged on Monday after investors got their first look at the company's presentation slides and didn't like what they saw. Traders sold off shares on the news that it would not be releasing updated clinical data on LentiGlobin BB305 until the next American Society of Hematology meeting in November. Investors had grown accustomed to seeing fresh data in June so the extended waiting period caused many to flee.

During its question-and-answer session with analysts, CEO Nick Leschly was asked about the rationale behind pulling back on its clinical-data reporting schedule. Leschly explained that its LentiGlobin trials have moved beyond the "proof of concept" phase and now they key clinical questions revolve around the therapy's durability. Judging the durability of LentiGlobin requires much more time to gather the clinical data, so the company felt that it didn't make sense to release partial data in June.
Regards.

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #113 on: January 14, 2016, 05:24:20 PM »
We live in an impatient world where people expect instant gratification. I feel that one unfortunate aspect of Bluebird's openness has been that people expect updates every other week. I don't know of any drug trial where updates are made until a phase of the trial is completed, yet it's expected that we will get weekly updates on gene therapy, which will take longer to perfect than most drugs. I think the investment community has become just as affected by the need for instant gratification as anyone else. It will be really sad if this new normal results in new drugs and therapies being given up on and not funded because it's not happening fast enough to appease the immature investors. And the more I read the pharma biz press, the more I compare them to sportswriters, whose main goal is to tear down athletes. I see the same phenomenon taking place with these biz writers, who act like vultures waiting to swoop in and pronounce failure on therapies and drugs that are still in trials.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

« Reply #114 on: January 14, 2016, 06:34:27 PM »
Ah Andy,

U are hitting the right cord. This market is brutal, I have seen impatient people loosing their shirts as they are looking for 'Fast Money'. This market does not work on performance rather than on news (people are short). Its unfortunate but true. Big whales at TSX and Wall Street manipulate small investors like vultures......

I don't even want to say anymore as I have seen enough over the years.

What's important for Blue is to ignore the shorts and keep on doing what they do. However, low share price does impact Blue's capacity to run smoothly. Financials do matter for R&D companies like Blue.
Regards.

« Reply #115 on: March 21, 2016, 08:04:05 AM »
Hi Andy,
I am not getting impatient but wanted to know when we can expect an update from Bluebird on the thal trails?

warm regards,
R

« Reply #116 on: April 25, 2016, 05:30:29 AM »
Hello Andy,
is there any info. on when we can expect more data on bluebird trails??

best regards,
R

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #117 on: April 25, 2016, 03:36:56 PM »
Hello catchR, I don't think bluebird has released any further information at this time. 
Sharmin

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #118 on: April 25, 2016, 03:50:04 PM »
Don't expect any updates until the ASH meeting in December.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

« Reply #119 on: April 26, 2016, 08:02:17 PM »
Thanks Andy.

Any update from SMKCC trials....
Regards.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk