Bluebird Bio Releases Data on Current Gene Therapy Trials

• 192 Replies

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
Re: Bluebird Bio Releases Data on Current Gene Therapy Trials
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2014, 06:51:42 AM »
I am hopeful that the news will be good.  I am also worried about Sloan Kettering.  I had really been hoping that their myelosuppression method would be more successful.

I wonder if the greater success bluebird is enjoying is due to the myeloablation or if they are using a superior method of gene transfer?
Sharmin

Offline JV

« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2014, 12:33:05 PM »
Andy, could you elaborate on Sloan a little more because I feel the same way. Delays, not much news, poor results, etc...

« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2014, 06:02:33 PM »
You are right on Andy. Yes, when a stock reaches 42-43, insiders seems to be dumping the stock. Now the question is if external analyst have a target price of stock at 50-57, why would one just dump the stock at 42-43. Please see few examples, there are number of other examples.

CEO Nick Leschly sold 25,000 shares of bluebird bio stock in a transaction that occurred on Monday, November 3rd. The stock was sold at an average price of $41.68, for a total transaction of $1,042,000.00

bluebird bio (NASDAQ:BLUE) Insider Mitchell H. Finer sold 18,000 shares of bluebird bio stock on the open market in a transaction dated Monday, December 1st. The stock was sold at an average price of $39.70, for a total value of $714,600.00....

Lets see what happens at ASH presentation.
Regards.

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2014, 07:11:45 PM »
The timing is interesting, but I don't want to read anything into it until we hear what is released at ASH.

JV, all I know is what Pat G said and it sounded like they are not currently beginning new patients in trials. My concern is the money side and what may be attempts to stifle the competition. I have very little faith in the top management at SK. I think they can be bought.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline JV

« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2014, 04:20:27 PM »
Thanks Andy, ya I agree with you. I wonder how much of Cooleys Funding goes into that research...

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2014, 08:28:22 PM »
That is all very concerning.  Things are not moving at SK at all.  Most of our cards are on BB at this time.  With the momentum these two groups started off last year - it is very surprising that more exciting news is not coming out and there is no sign of new patients being treated by either group.  

The last BB update in November stated that the first two patients continue to be transfusion free, expressing high rates of the new hemoglobin.  

Praying for the best news from both of these groups.  

Very disappointing that what is a life line for some of us - is a money making scheme for some :(
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 01:22:10 AM by Sharmin »
Sharmin

Offline JV

« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2014, 01:12:08 AM »
Sharmin, that was very well put. We have been all in since day one and for a major organization like SK to not be more proactive is extremely disappointing. Hoping for Bluebird to run with it now...

Offline Bostonian_04

« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2014, 01:17:51 AM »
Latest from Bluebird....

Bluebird posts more promising results for its rare disease therapy
December 8, 2014

http://www.fiercebiotech.com/press-releases/bluebird-bio-announces-data-demonstrating-first-four-patients-thalassemia-m
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes ? - Plato

Offline Andy Battaglia

« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2014, 02:22:21 AM »
These results include the first that Bluebird has done using thalassemia major patients. The early results are quite impressive. We will be eagerly waiting for the results on the one sickle cell patient that has started.

It is still quite early on, and hopefully there will be no serious issues develop down the road, but we now know with certainty that gene therapy does work. I will not hesitate to tell patients to take part in trials if eligible. It may be the only way many patients will ever be able to afford it.
Andy

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2014, 02:45:36 AM »
Bostonian,

Thank you soooo much for posting this!  Such great news!  Praying that it provides a solution for everyone suffering from thalassemia or sickle cell anemia!

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Andy Battaglia

« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2014, 03:01:34 AM »
And for those keeping track, Bluebird's stock rose more than $4/share today.
Andy

Offline Parin

« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2014, 05:48:58 AM »
Bluebird Bio Announces Data Demonstrating First Four Patients with β-Thalassemia Major Treated with LentiGlobin™ are Transfusion-Free

http://investor.bluebirdbio.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=251820&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=1995913

Regards,
Ashutosh

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2014, 05:31:37 PM »
This news is beyond incredible Andy.  For Beta zero patients - I am assuming we would be looking at patient 1106 and 1107 for the next few months.  It is impressive that their hemoglobins are 9.6 are 3 months and 1 month.   Even if the hemoglobin were to stay at this level it is remarkable success. 

Hoping this works for everyone!

It would be nice to see follow up data regarding any possible deficits due to bisulfan - such as fertility.  But that is a future consideration.  for the time being - this is life changing!

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Andy Battaglia

« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2014, 06:10:07 PM »
Bluebird's stock value has doubled today.
Andy

Offline Andy Battaglia

« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2014, 06:35:46 PM »
I should be having another phone conference with Bluebird later this week. If there are any questions you would like asked, please reply by Thursday morning at the latest.
Andy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk