Kelfer + Desirox

• 5 Replies

Offline samyuktha

• We will Emerge as Winners in Life.
  • We will overcome all the hurdles in Life.
Kelfer + Desirox
« on: September 08, 2014, 03:17:16 PM »
Hi Friends,

How are you all?I am still in the process of arranging funds (30 Lakhs INR) towards Samyuktha's BMT (Unrelated Stem Cells from Germany).

Two months back when we checked Samyuktha's Ferritin levels,it was 1460.In the month of September when we checked her Ferritin levels, it was 2250.I felt miserable seeing the rise.She is taking 1000 mg Kelfer and 750 mg Desirox /day.I dont know what her Haematologist is going to say seeing the current report.Is such elevation normal during chelation period?

Samyuktha was not passing red urine for almost 3 weeks and since last 5 days she has started passing red colored urine.Could this be the reason.Please please guide me friends. I am deeply worried for my daughter and developed high BP .Kindly throw some light on this.

Pray for Samyuktha ...and my best wishes to all the adorable children out there for a permanent cure.

GOD BLESS US ALL.
S.Vijayalakshmi

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
Re: Kelfer + Desirox
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 07:29:25 PM »
Ferritin levels are affected by more than iron, so they should not be relied on as a true measure of iron load. Any illness or inflammation can raise the level, so as long as chelation is sufficient and compliance is good, there should be no worries.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline samyuktha

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2014, 07:58:31 AM »
Dear Andy Brother,

Only after seeing your reply ,I feel relieved and comfortable.You are truly an angel for all of us.Today is Samyuktha's Birthday.Please pray for her that all the obstacles in her BMT(Including funds) is averted and that by her next birthday,she is completely cured of Thalassemia.

Once the treatment cost is ready,we will be going for her BMT.She has got an unrelated stemcell donor from Germany as I had mentioned in my earlier posts.

Thank you.
S.Vijayalakshmi

Offline Dharmesh

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2014, 10:15:12 AM »
Hello
Happy birthday to Samyukhta :bigparty

All the best for the BMT and for fund u can give ad in newspapers and also circulate the image in whatsapp, it may help.

What is the weight of her? Are u giving Vit C ( lime water, sweet lime , orange etc? ) I believe that taking Vit C with Kelfer increases the iron excreation and urine color becomes even more red. However, it is not supported by any research in case of Kelfer and  Desirox to give vit C with it as a supplementation. It is the personal experience.
Start listening your body, it always gives signs

Offline Nomad

• In Darkest Day in Brightest Night...
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2014, 04:49:41 PM »
Greetings and happy Birthday !
Well I agree with Andy and can Tell you from My own experience that Even a Little Infektion wich you woulndt even be aware of can rise the ferritin Level up. For a while.
The next Thing worth to mention is the Way a combination of the 2 chelators is working.  See ferriprox eliminates Iron and Aborts it thru the kidney (red Urin). If dessirox is Part of the Game, ferriprox Transports Iron to it and it finds an other Way Out of the Body... I see it any Time I combine them. I wish you all the best and Good luck!

Offline samyuktha

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2014, 09:56:34 AM »
Thank you friends for the valuable suggestions.Samyuktha's page is there in Facebook.

I will give lime juice with kelfer and see the difference.

I am asked to check her ferritin in the month of December.Hope it reduces by then.

Please pray for her.

Thank you all.

S.Vijayalakshmi

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk