Hardik

• 104 Replies
Hardik
« on: December 01, 2014, 07:13:29 PM »
hello everyone here,i m new to this site.my 10 months baby is thal major.plz guide me do and donts for his well being. Till now he had got 6 transfusions .What should i give to him to maintain his iron level.?

His medicines include-1)-20drops of vitocofol(combination of vit b3,vit b12,folic acid)
2)-5 ml of calcium syrup
3)-10drops of vit d3

can i give him green tea at this age?
If yes how much can i give to him  :-\

is kalonji useful for him in anyway ?

what others supplemrnts can i give to him at this age for his best health conditions and plz tell me about IP6?

PLZ HELP ME.…

« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 08:01:30 PM by hardik »

Offline Bostonian_04

Re: Hardik
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2014, 03:11:11 AM »
welcome  to Thalpal, Hardik. My daughter is thal major. at that young age, we didnot give her anything apart from milk and homemade cereal, fruits etc. we gave vit D and a multivit without iron. That's about it.  when your son turns two, he will be on iron chelation so don't worry about iron chelation now. just try to build a healthy eatign habit for him.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes ? - Plato

Offline Parin

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2014, 08:20:33 AM »
Hello Hardik,

Welcome to the forum.

Where are you from?

About the do and don't so don't think too much....grow your kid as a normal baby....Everything will be all right.maintain the HB above 9:50 and iron below 1000. As he is only 10 month so no worry for iron now...

Write here if you find any issue

Ashutosh

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2014, 07:58:05 PM »
Thank u for yours kind reply.....I m from Karnal(Haryana ,India).actually i m so worried about hardik as he is my first child but with such truth....and all around makes me afraid about his life and being a mother, its very difficult to handle every chaos.
plz tell me about IP6 and the right age to give him.Somewhere i read that cilantro(hara dhania) juice and green tea is very useful .
Is this true and is this right age to give him these .

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2014, 04:11:27 AM »
Hi Hardik,

My daughter is also Thal Major and i am from your near state Delhi. please note that life is unpredictable childeren die at young age also without Thal major and people live in their sixty with Thal major also and there are member in this forum who are in their sixtys,So dont worry about your child life . I understand being a mother its difficult to handle but trust me I am saying by experience it is not that difficult. you can trust my word its just a blood disorder (like many others) which is going to be cure maximum in 10-12 years.

now regarding your child health please note that IP6 is not available in india hence you need to order this from US, puriton.com is site by which you can order. green tee, wheat grass juice etc are helpful but your child is too small for them hence what you need to take care of him now is only vitamin and calcium. so as you mentioned below what ever you are giving is fine from my perspective let him grow a bit (i.e. 2 years) and you can start rest of things.

Regards
Sushil Thakur

Baby hardik
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2014, 06:25:43 PM »
Thank u Sushil ji.....
Recently when i went to hospital ,i heard about a doc in ahmedabad who treat thal by god blood aneemaa.
any info????

thalmom...
Neha

Re: Baby hardik
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2014, 06:30:10 AM »
Thank u Sushil ji.....
Recently when i went to hospital ,i heard about a doc in ahmedabad who treat thal by god blood aneemaa.
any info????

thalmom...
Neha
[/quot me also new on this forum. from Pakistan. mt son is 10 yrs old Thal major with ferritin 2000. currently i am giving him following treatment
Previously i had been giving him 4 tab.Ferriprox plus Desperol 2 days a week, now for last 03 months m shifted on Assunra 400 single tab daily.
his spleen is 4cm as well as liver. also giving cenathous tincture. i dont know why his Hb is on 8 or below 8 after everu 15 days. i have to transfuse after 15 days due to this low Hb. Pl advise.

Offline Poirot

Re: Baby hardik
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2015, 07:17:09 AM »
Neha -

The doc could have been talking about "cord blood" - and you misheard!

This is a procedure for taking stem cells from the umbilical cord, post birth - and using those for a stem cell transplant. Typically, this can only be done if you have "banked" (saved by a cord blood bank) your cord blood post giving birth.

Hope that helps.

Poirot

any info????

Offline Dharmesh

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2015, 07:38:28 AM »
He He He He,

It's not Cord blood, it is Goat blood anema.
In Ahmedabad Ayurvedic Hospital is giving Goat blood anema to Thals.
It's a dangerous thing. You just think the blood of human creat side effects to thals in long as well as short, what kind of bad it can do to thals.

Also i know a patient personally who got severe skin problem after goat blood anema
Start listening your body, it always gives signs

Offline jay

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2015, 08:35:29 AM »
 :rotfl  :banghead

Offline Poirot

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2015, 02:08:29 PM »
It's not Cord blood, it is Goat blood anema.
In Ahmedabad Ayurvedic Hospital is giving Goat blood anema to Thals.

Are you serious, Dharmesh??? People can not be that stupid  :huh

Really???

Offline Dharmesh

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2015, 06:29:43 AM »
Yes it is correct and actually there are two centers where it is done.
The centeres are Ayurvedic Hospitals of Government and the treating doctors are Ayurvedic Doctors.
Start listening your body, it always gives signs

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2015, 06:49:49 PM »
Hello Everyone.....

how does vitamin E (tocopheryl acetate) helps to improve thals health?? and  quantity to give???

I have an issue that till 12 months of age ,his blood always remain above 10 but now after turning one year from 3 months continuously his blood is varying between 9 - 9.5.......why is it so???? interval in between is one month???
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 06:55:12 PM by hardik »

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2015, 04:10:46 PM »
hardik,

Natural vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant and also a mild blood thinner. Both are very useful for thals. Great oxidative stresses occur in thalassemia, due to the ineffective bone marrow production and the premature breakdown of red blood cells. Vitamin E helps to protect the cells from damage due to oxidation. It also helps prevent the clotting issues that can occur in thalassemics. For a young child, I suggest 100 IU natural E daily. Adults should take 400-800 IU.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Lokkhi maa

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2015, 05:02:04 AM »

Thanks Andy   :)
Lokkhi Maa

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk