Hardik

• 104 Replies
Re: Hardik
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2015, 07:41:37 PM »
Thank u Andy....thank u very much......u r really just like a bright sunshine behind the dark clouds of Thal.....ur guidance are of great help to all of us....as we normally face the situation where docs in reputed firms don't care of us anyway and take us as granted or just a money making subject....thanks for ur kind concern....

Scrolling the site ,I just came across a word Carao and Ip6...I read it ...plz enlight more about it.....

My worry is that now a days my baby is feeling very tired all the day long...he plays very little ...his ferritin is 1720 and I think he had pain in his joints....As his BT had been done on this 18 only ....and doc didn't attend on Sat so I missed the chance to start his chelatin right now...and next meeting is on 13...so plz guide what should I give him right now to enhance his energy level....I know its a stupid thing to ask u...but being a mother...I had found ur advice's more useful .....

Thanks again
Neha
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 07:55:43 PM by hardik »

Offline Lokkhi maa

« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2015, 11:12:58 AM »

Dear Hardik,

You may give your baby wheatgrass tablet or powder to enhance energy level.. :heartpink
Lokkhi Maa

Offline Syeda

« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2015, 12:16:45 PM »
For lokhi maa: that sounds like great news about your child's iron levels after 9 transfusions! It sounds like the green tea is working!!

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2015, 10:44:38 PM »
Neha, at what level of Hb is the child transfused? It may be that the Hb is being kept too low. I don't think carao had much effect on thals who tried it. Wheatgrass is a better option.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2015, 05:27:39 AM »
He is transfused at 9. his present weight is 10.3kg so 200ml blood is transfused .

Offline Lokkhi maa

« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2015, 09:07:52 AM »

Hello Syeda,

You are right green tea is working.From the last month I also started wheatgrass tablet.After giving wheatgrass  my babies energy level increased as she play all day and not interested to take any rest or go to bed for sleep.... :jumping :jumping :cheer
Lokkhi Maa

« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2015, 02:26:19 PM »
Does loose motion is an effect of green tea.? I m giving him half package of a tea bag a day.....he is using loo 4-5 times a day....not watery but loose than normal.....is that OK or not? Or should I reduce the quantity...

Offline Andy Battaglia

« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2015, 04:22:20 PM »
This is not typically an effect of green tea, but for now, try black tea. It has the same iron inhibiting properties as green tea.
Andy

« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2015, 04:35:38 PM »
I had read somewhere that mixing wheatgrass and barley increases the toxins removing capacity.....Is that so :dunno.......can we use barley powder also with wheatgrass....
but I m happy now as continuously giving green tea is showing its effects in few days only....and he has enhanced energy level a little bit

......thanks lokkhi maa and andy for ur kind guidance

Offline Andy Battaglia

« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2015, 05:12:08 PM »
Let me know the iron content of the barley powder and I will advise.
Andy

Offline Lokkhi maa

« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2015, 07:45:57 AM »

Hello Andy,

please share the usefulness of mixing wheatgrass and barley powder.

What is barley powder ? In Bangladesh available barley as babies food (Small white balls) but I don't know is it the same?

Dear Hardik have you the mentioned link? Please share..
Lokkhi Maa

« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2015, 10:45:03 AM »
Dear lokhi maa
In India wheat barley and oats combination is considered as a complete (nothing else required) breakfast for everyone even their combo porridge is easily available in market.....even for eating babies..,mothers and docs prefer this....when my baby was declared thalassemic...... My neighbour (have knowledge of home made medicine) told me to gave him wheat and barley juice(homemade)for maintaining HB and enhancing energy level but......my foolishness ...I take her as granted ......but recently an Ayurvedic doc told me same thing.......still now I m confused regarding iron concentration... That's why asked Andy.....I m also waiting for his answer......just like wheat powder....barley powder is also available in market. Before asking to Andy I had searched on (internet)Google about "benefits of barley and wheat juice for thalassemia" and is satisfied with readings

I had also ordered IP6 ....from US....let's see......Andy reply????
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 11:10:07 AM by hardik »

Offline Andy Battaglia

« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2015, 05:35:06 PM »
Lokkhi,

Barley powder is made from barley grass, much the same as wheatgrass. I would advise checking the iron content before using it.
Andy

« Reply #43 on: August 11, 2015, 08:32:58 AM »
Hello everyone....

Plz tell me the amount /quantity of wheat grass powder to be given to a 18 months baby.....and can I mix it in curd...sabzi....and all

Offline Lokkhi maa

« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2015, 09:29:29 AM »

Dear Hardik,

As per Andy's suggestion:-

The dose would be 500-1000 mg daily and the powder can be mixed with liquid.Adding it to a nutritious smoothie is a good way to get kids to take it. :smiley
Lokkhi Maa

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk