Hardik

• 104 Replies
Re: Hardik
« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2015, 10:34:45 AM »
Thank u lokhi maa.....have to ever heard about marua plant (pabri plant or nias boss)and its medical use....Its seeds and properties are similar to the tulsi plant found in India.
And how can we check iron contents in it and in barley grass
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 10:56:42 AM by hardik »

Offline Lokkhi maa

« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2015, 02:37:18 AM »

Hello Hardik,

Sorry no idea about marua plant but Tulsi plant is common.

Amounts per 2 tbsp, chopped (5g) Tulsi plant contains:

Vitamin A  277 IU
 Vitamin C  0.9  mg
 Vitamin K  21.8 mcg
 Folate       3.6 mcg
 Calcium    9.3 mg
 Iron         0.2 mg
 Magnesium 3.4 mg
 Phosphorus 2.9 mg
 Potassium  15.5 mg
 Sodium    0.2 mg
 Manganese 0.1 mg
 Total Omega-3 fatty acids 16.6 mg
 Total Omega-6 fatty acids 3.8 mg
 Water 4.8 g
 Ash 0.1 g
 Choline  0.6 mg

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/spices-and-herbs/213/2

Its good :happyyes

Is Tulsi plant helpful for Thal ?Please share...
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 03:02:13 AM by Lokkhi maa »
Lokkhi Maa

« Reply #47 on: August 20, 2015, 02:16:11 PM »
Hai everyone here

I'm eager to know that how 'one' get information about new post in any forum

:huh

« Reply #48 on: August 21, 2015, 12:16:10 PM »
Hello

Today my baby had got its 15th transfusionon....so painful. The most weird situation was pricking cannola ....oh god ..its so hurting....but anyways the day has finally passed...Now my query is as hardik's ferritin came out 1720..so doc had recommended Desirox 250 on empty stomach .Is empty stomach is a compulsion?? And I had also bought IP6 from puritan pride so
My question is ....that....as currently he is on green tea 1/2 pouch of tea bag and wheat grass aproxx 1-2 gm.  --- When and how to start it ?? And if any other change in diet is needed plz advice...and Can desirox be given by mixing in curd or something ?? How will I know that its iron is removing as doc has advice next ferritin in DEC... :huh

« Reply #49 on: August 21, 2015, 12:33:36 PM »
Thank u lokhi maa for such a vast knowledge about tulsi plant...maura or pabri also serves same purpose as  tulsi in addition to act as a liver tonic ...From last 7 days I gave pabri about 10ml (aftr mixing water)daily to Hardik ...and had seen great improvement results in his diet as early he didn't like to eat anything.I had to rushed after him everytime I gave him anything to eat .....but now I m satisfied..... I don't know about its nutritional facts ...but its showing me great result...in his energy level also.so I m thinking to stop it for 4-5 days and then to give it again .Only Andy can guide us  on tulsi and pabri...as far  as nutrition facts of tulsi are concerned....iron is in mg....and all others vit and min are there...so I think it can also help us in one way or other...but wait for Andy's response... :rolleyes

Neha

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #50 on: August 21, 2015, 01:30:47 PM »
Iron content of food has no real relevance to patients who transfuse, as blood has hundreds of times more iron than food. Don't let iron content of food limit the diet.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

« Reply #51 on: August 30, 2015, 01:10:55 PM »
Hello Andy
Plz guide me

I  had bought IP6 from puritan pride....How and When to take it.?? Before and After taking Instructions...and which things are to be kept in mind with its ongoing,i mean, test which should be considered Before and After ....and all other imp info

Presently the baby(19 months old) has ferritan level 1720..,transfused after 25 days....daily diet includes normal food in addition with wheatgrass powder(1-2 gm) and green tea (1/2 tea pouch) and Desirox 250(1 tab on empty stomach)

his stool sometimes show black color...otherwise normal ...but passes all day long ( many times )in little amount .I try to keep him well hydrated but why is it happening  ....I dont know....

His energy level is good enough now but his increased ferritin makes me frightened all time..

Plz give details

Thanks
Neha
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 04:05:23 PM by hardik »

« Reply #52 on: September 01, 2015, 06:11:44 AM »
Plz reply soon......

« Reply #53 on: September 01, 2015, 07:03:25 PM »
Hello Andy
Plz guide me

I  had bought IP6 from puritan pride....How and When to take it.?? Before and After taking Instructions...and which things are to be kept in mind with its ongoing,i mean, test which should be considered Before and After ....and all other imp info

Presently the baby(19 months old and weighing 10 kg) has ferritan level 1720..,transfused after 25 days....daily diet includes normal food in addition with wheatgrass powder(1-2 gm) and green tea (1/2 tea pouch) and Desirox 250(1 tab on empty stomach)

his stool sometimes show black color...otherwise normal ...but passes all day long ( many times )in little amount .I try to keep him well hydrated but why is it happening  ....I dont know....

His energy level is good enough now but his increased ferritin makes me frightened all time..

Plz give details

Thanks
Neha

Plz reply Andy or anyone in the forum who is giving IP6 to his/her child.....Plz also guide about the others supplements (zinc , vit E etc) necessary to be taken along with IP6.As I m giving Desirox in morning ...on empty stomach....so when to give IP6

Its a request.....

Plz reply ASAP

Offline Andy Battaglia

« Reply #54 on: September 01, 2015, 07:57:50 PM »
You will need to open the capsules and mix the powder with something, possibly with the wheatgrass powder. Use only one capsule at this age. Don't mix it with high protein foods like milk.

The black stool may indicate that some iron is being removed. I wouldn't worry about the ferritin at this age. Around age 2, chelation should begin and then the iron can be addressed. In the meantime, the tea extract and the IP6 will give some protection to the organs.
Andy

« Reply #55 on: September 02, 2015, 05:18:43 AM »
Hello Andy
Plz guide me

Presently the baby(19 months old) has ferritan level 1720..,transfused after 25 days....daily diet includes normal food in addition with wheatgrass powder(1-2 gm) and green tea (1/2 tea pouch) and Desirox 250(1 tab on empty stomach)

Plz give details

Thanks
Neha

Thank you Andy

Plz also recoomand when to give IP6 as I m giving Desirox in morning on empty stomach....and wheat grass in evening mixing with juice....how 2 things can be given on empty stomach.........

and somewhere in the forum it is mention that IP6 should be given with zinc and insonitol....
 SUPPLEMENTS
Is IP6 and insonitol not a same thing....   :huh

I m a little bit confused....  ??? ???

Neha

« Reply #56 on: September 25, 2015, 02:50:12 PM »
I have a question in my mind.......does IP6 cause loose motion .....I m giving my 19 months baby IP6(bought from puritan pride) in the morning empty stomach with wheatgrass dissolved in water...from the last 1 month but now his waste has a very foul smell with light yellow colour.....is it because of IP6...???.....or an infection from something else...

Plz also guide about supplements to be given in addition to IP6.....I had read somewhere in the forum that IP6 should be given with zinc and insonitole...
Is IP6 and insonitol not a same thing.....?????
Currently he is on vit D,calcium and folic acid and green tea

« Reply #57 on: September 26, 2015, 07:48:59 AM »
plz reply....

Offline Andy Battaglia

« Reply #58 on: September 27, 2015, 04:27:00 PM »
IP6 may have a mild laxative effect, which is often welcomed, as iron causes constipation. It may be that you are observing iron being removed that you see in the yellowish tint.
Inositol and IP6 are not the same, but adding inositol can make IP6 more effective, but that will also add to the laxative properties.
Andy

« Reply #59 on: September 27, 2015, 07:21:09 PM »
Thanks for ur reply Andy.....
Its always g8 to hear from you and when its come about iron chelation ......its feel like heaven.....thank u ....hope so ....next ferritan also shows us same thing....

Again i m disturbing all of you....but this forum(performing excellently) is the only hope to gain some knowledge about thal and all so plz if u or anyone in the forum could tell following things :----

1)As baby Hardik is on desirox (1 tab 250mg) and IP6+wheatgrass ....so is there any need to get ferritan to be done early....,he had his last ferritan in august only which cames out be 1515 from 1 lab and 1900 from 2nd lab

2)Can IP6+ wheatgrass be given with readymade grapes fruit juice or orange juice as they contain high amount of inositol because if i prefer capsules then it may be possible that baby Hardik will have more loose bowel movements all day long which can make him feel weak.

3)drops of Zinc to be given......,on daily basis

4)Other supplements required to be given on necessarily basis. At present he is on vit D(1 ml ) , Calcium(2 tsp) and folic acid (2.5mg) daily +   Green Tea(1/2 tea bag)

5)I had heard and read about THALLIDOMIDE(+wheatgrass+desirox) pros and cons.....and one of my known who is Thal Minor( but having BT on regular basis due to growing needs) is taking it after consulting a doc.....and thus having no BTs from last 4 months.............., Can u plz throw some light on it.

Plz reply soon as one of my friend is coming from USA so if capsules are preferable ......,I can order them from puritan pride(same brand as of IP6)  and can save shipping charges which means same amount as of original thing price

Thank u
Neha

PLz reply soon

« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 07:28:14 PM by hardik »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk