• Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
    August 21, 2017, 06:44:28 PM

• Login with username, password and session length

Sajid's dove

Tell everyone they can now find this site by typing this into their browser:

thalpal.com

Click to visit us on Facebook

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please send an email to: andy@thalpal.com
Please do not send questions about thalassemia to this address.

Administrators
Andy
Danielle

Thalassemia Patients and Friends and thalpal Ā© A. Battaglia 2017

53927 Posts in 5670 Topics by 5692 Members
Latest Member: Lan Anh

Forum Tip: 
Put your birthdate in your profile, under "Forum Profile Information," and it will automatically come up on our calendar.
« previous next »
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hardik  (Read 25911 times)
hardik

« Reply #90 on: April 19, 2017, 12:59:24 AM »

Hello everyone here.....

I want to know :-

1) what is inline filtered PRBC?

2)Benefits of using bedside filter with inline filtered PRBC..

3) difference between nat tested and inline filtered blood?

4) what is buffy coat in blood filteration?

Thanks
hardik

« Reply #91 on: May 13, 2017, 02:08:01 AM »

Plz reply....Huh?
Andy
Administrator
Supreme Member

Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?

« Reply #92 on: May 14, 2017, 11:46:26 AM »

Can someone more familiar than I with transfusion procedures answer this?

Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.
Phoenix
Global Moderator
Supreme Member

« Reply #93 on: May 18, 2017, 01:41:44 AM »

Hello everyone here.....

I want to know :-

1) what is inline filtered PRBC?

2)Benefits of using bedside filter with inline filtered PRBC..

3) difference between nat tested and inline filtered blood?

4) what is buffy coat in blood filteration?

Thanks

Before some years i got same kinda question when i read blood requisition form of Rajkot Voluntary blood bank. There were many kind of blood product from whole blood to leucodepleted RBC , buffy coat removed and what not?

But from above all question over time we knew that the best blood product for thals is Leucodepleted RBCs/PRBCs tested with NAT method.

ans to ur q 1. It is clinic side blood filteration If Ii am not wrong andy can correct me here
2. No benefits ( i confirmed it earlier with doctor ). Bed side filter helps only if the blood transfused within 48 hours of collection.
3.  Wrong comperision.
NAT is a method of blood testing it is far better than ELISA testing method of blood. NAT is having very low window period consequently more safe blood than ELISA.

4. I never bother to get answer this question as i know Leucodepletion blood product is best so why to think on other blood product.?

Start listening your body, it always gives signs
hardik

« Reply #94 on: July 01, 2017, 01:37:17 AM »

Hello Everyone here...

Hardik weighing 14.5 kg age around 4 yr is on IP6 of puritan's Pride from last 2 years ...but now I am left with only 2 month stock ...and I urgently need to order IP6 but unable to to find new link to IP6 of puritan's as site is updated so if anyone in group can help me out with current link ..I will be very thankful.

Andy plz guide me about the dose according to increasing weight and age. Cell Forte also provide IP6 and Inositol veggie capsules. Which one is better??

Thanks
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 01:48:14 AM by hardik » Logged
Andy
Administrator
Supreme Member

« Reply #95 on: July 02, 2017, 11:57:17 AM »

Cell Forte is better than IP6, alone because it also contains inositol, which increases the effectiveness. Check http://www.amazon.in

Andy

Phoenix
Global Moderator
Supreme Member

« Reply #96 on: July 08, 2017, 10:05:57 AM »

Hello Everyone here...

Hardik weighing 14.5 kg age around 4 yr is on IP6 of puritan's Pride from last 2 years ...but now I am left with only 2 month stock ...and I urgently need to order IP6 but unable to to find new link to IP6 of puritan's as site is updated so if anyone in group can help me out with current link ..I will be very thankful.

Andy plz guide me about the dose according to increasing weight and age. Cell Forte also provide IP6 and Inositol veggie capsules. Which one is better??

Thanks
Puritan has done not good to indian users. They have launched dedicated indian websites and banned access to US site so that no one can access that and order. But this is not the problem.
Problem lies where they do not offer as much options as their US site. So many products are missing at all at indian site.

So currently if someone want to get supplements from them, they have to asked to their relatives, friends etc who visits US/UK/Australia to bring those supplements directly from there.

Another options is to wait and watch till they start selling the required product.

PS : I have 2-3 bottles left of Natural Vitamin E 400 IU with 50 mcg salenium expiring in Oct -18 which if anyone needed i can courier in India. It's cost is Rs 870+courier per bottle.

Start listening your body, it always gives signs
Pratik
Thal Major.
Supreme Member

« Reply #97 on: July 08, 2017, 11:15:57 AM »

Puritan has done not good to indian users. They have launched dedicated indian websites and banned access to US site so that no one can access that and order. But this is not the problem.
Problem lies where they do not offer as much options as their US site. So many products are missing at all at indian site.

So currently if someone want to get supplements from them, they have to asked to their relatives, friends etc who visits US/UK/Australia to bring those supplements directly from there.

Another options is to wait and watch till they start selling the required product.

PS : I have 2-3 bottles left of Natural Vitamin E 400 IU with 50 mcg salenium expiring in Oct -18 which if anyone needed i can courier in India. It's cost is Rs 870+courier per bottle.
Very true, I struggle a lot too. Can't figure out why they had to do this.

Every child is special.
hardik

« Reply #98 on: July 18, 2017, 01:43:49 AM »

Hello Andy

I had read your thoughts on L-Carnitine on Facebook. Will you please elaborate about this .

Hardik weighing 14.5 kg age 3 and half..is on calcium , IP6+wheatgrass(empty stomach) , folic acid and chelation med DESIROX.

1) Which other supplements should i prefer to improve his life quality ?
2) I read about L-methyl folate on this webpage but not available with chemist here..  so how to know if folic is absorbed in body or not and how to get L-methyl folate
3) Here docs don't advice any multivitamins...so if we prefer any multivitamin(without iron ) than what should be the dose.
4) plz provide any link about diet care of thalassmic child

Thanks
Andy
Administrator
Supreme Member

« Reply #99 on: July 24, 2017, 04:57:24 PM »

L-carnitine can be taken in low doses at age 3. L-carnitine adds nitric oxide, NO to the body. NO makes blood last longer and also helps protect against the long term problem of pulmonary hypertension that often affects thals as they get older.
See if you can find Metafolin as a folate supplement.
I don't typically advise multivitamins because they usually don't have enough of any vitamin in them.
See this link for supplement advise. A small child would take about 1/4 dose of most. http://www.thalassemiapatientsandfriends.com/index.php/topic,5190.msg48860.html#msg48860
Diet should be nutritious foods, with plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables. Avoid junk food as much as possible.

Andy

Pratik
Thal Major.
Supreme Member

« Reply #100 on: July 26, 2017, 12:05:12 AM »

Hi,

Has your son undergone BMT or Dr. Ramanan's treatment?

Every child is special.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: