desferal

• 21 Replies
Re: desferal
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2015, 10:12:40 AM »
Thank you Andy.

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2015, 10:20:52 AM »
Nomad,
what is the level of your hemoglobine just before transfusion?for my son btween 8 and 9 g/l.
My son want to practise sport like body building but i think it s too hard for him,its tall is 1m62 and its weight 50.

Offline Nomad

• In Darkest Day in Brightest Night...
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2015, 11:50:26 AM »
K, I agree. Always start low and fix the dosage later.

Offline Nomad

« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2015, 01:43:51 PM »
My Hb level is about 8,6 to 9.5 before transfusion. I get 2 blood bags every 2 weeks. I also do some bodybuilding, about 1-2 times a week but moderate. What I realized is that the Hb level isn't always important. For example sometimes my Hb is low but I can do my workout and sometimes on a high level I feel dizzy and have no motivation... What's also important for sports in Thalassaemics is the calories! The fact is we need about 4000 calories daily. He should do whatever sport he likes and you should encourage him for that because it's also important for his psychology and self esteem. I have tried a lot sports, from Taichung to kendo and for 2 years wing Chung which is a fight art. He should just keep in mind: bigger muscles need some more oxygen, which needs more Hb for the transport and here we go again... Our budget is lowered  :wink

« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2015, 02:26:52 PM »
Two blood bags for two weeks!what is your weight please?my son had 2 in a month and since 2 years he has 2 for 3 weeks.when the bag blood is small(weight 190 to 220g)i don't give him 2 but 3.Generally what is the weight of blood bag for you?
What do you eat to have a lot of calories?my son don't like fruits and vegetables but eat a lot of meat,chicken,patatoes.i also give him honey and sometimes multivitamines but he is almost all the time tired.He is well just the days after transfusion.

Offline Nomad

« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2015, 08:30:35 PM »
67.kg. I can't tell you about the blood bags because we don't weigh them. I just get two of them that's it. Normally when I have 9 Hb before transfusion I do have about 11+ after...
About nutrition, I eat actually everything but I try to have meat only 2 - 3 times a week. I eat everyday fruits and vegetables, nuts and dark chocolate because of all the antioxidants which are important for us. And I love red wine! It's rich in Resveratrol and I try to have a glass (125) ml daily.
Also supplements like α-lipoic acid, omega 3 & 6, vit. D, Q10.

« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2015, 11:54:23 PM »
Thank you Nomad for all your precisions.I wish you the best.......

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk