Pregnancy preparation after miscarriage

• 5 Replies

Offline Shilk

Pregnancy preparation after miscarriage
« on: August 24, 2015, 05:08:46 PM »
Hi friends,

I have beta thalassemia minor and suffered miscarriage in May. I am so scared to try for next pregnancy. Want to be fully prepared and confident as this fear of miscarriage is making me so nervous. I need your guidance and advise to plan my next pregnancy.
My OB isn't considering my beta thalassemia minor as a precaution to do any testing and treat me differently but I don't want to take any risks. Are there any diagnostic tests which I must take before TTC.

What precautions should I take, what supplements are must. I am going to take 10 mg L Methylfolate. Is it too much? As my OB only prescribed 1 mg and she wasn't in favour of taking 10 mg folic acid.

How did people on this forum went forward to successful pregnancy after miscarriage. Please provide your valuable advice and guidance.

Thank you so much everyone.

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
Re: Pregnancy preparation after miscarriage
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2015, 06:59:40 PM »
I have heard from mothers who used 10 mg folate during pregnancy and had very good pregnancies with successful outcomes. I would suggest that you add 400 IU natural vitamin E daily, as this can help prevent the clotting issues that can occur in thalassemics, that reduces circulation between the uterus and placenta, subsequently leading to miscarriage.

The medical industry does not recognize this issue in thal minors, even though it is well documented that major and intermedia thals can and do experience a hypercoagulable state during pregnancy, which does cause miscarriage. In this group, I have heard from a multitude of thal minors who have miscarried, many of them multiple times. I believe that vitamin E and folate are the two most important things you can do to help prevent miscarriage. This belief has been supported by the experience of our members.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Shilk

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2015, 11:04:15 AM »
Hi Andy, thanks for your response. After reading about Vitamin E on this forum I had started taking GNC Natural E 400 iu mixed tocopherols. I want to know what changes and differences one can feel after taking vitamin E as am taking it since 3 months and I feel no difference, is GNC natural E 400 iu Good enough? Please advise. Thanks.

Offline Andy Battaglia

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2015, 06:19:10 PM »
You won't feel anything taking vitamin E. Its powerful antioxidant properties and mild blood thinning are not things you can feel, but be assured that E is doing its job. I have taken it daily for 40 years. In the long run, you may not show your age as much (most people have no idea how old I am by looking a me). 400 IU is a good dose. Your main goal is a healthy pregnancy and the supplements will help with the specific issues thal minors face during pregnancy.
Andy

Offline Shilk

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2015, 06:42:49 PM »
I wish to continue to take Vitamin E when I conceive even if my doctors says not to. Yesterday I met my OB and she was in complete disagreement of me taking it during pregnancy. I even discussed with another OB regarding vitamin E during pregnancy and she pointed me to some articles which says vitamin E can be harmful for baby's development and results in cognitive defects.
Here on this forum I have read many times about vitamin E success stories. I would need advice and assurance from all the mothers who continued to take vitamin E throughout their pregnancies and have healthy babies. I am just so scared after my miscarriage that fear of losing baby makes me so nervous. Please mothers help me overcome my fears and tell me what you all did to have a successful pregnancy. Thank you so much.

Offline Andy Battaglia

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2015, 07:13:34 PM »
My own doctor's advice was take E but only natural. Synthetic vitamin E (dl-alpha tocopherol) is industrial waste and shouldn't be used. Use d-alpha. Most studies of E have intentionally used synthetic E so that poor results could be obtained.

My feelings about the medical industry continue to become more negative. There is a concerted effort to steer people away from what will help them in favor of costly meds loaded with dangerous side effects.
Andy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk