Platletes

• 0 Replies

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
Platletes
« on: November 15, 2006, 10:36:19 PM »
Dear all

When my son was first diagnoised, his platletes were 400,000 ( normal range 160,000 till 450,000 ), then after taking ( L-Carnitine everyday+ multi vitamin + folic acid + calcium with Vitamin D and B12 ) for one month, his platletes became 500,000.

The following month we took the L-Carnitine (4 days per week ) togather with the other supplements and Aquagen and the platletes became 165,000.

The following month we took the L-Carnitine (4 days per week ) togather with the other supplements + Vitamin A&E daily and the platletes became 500,000 again. ( Aquagen was removed )

This month we are taking the everything as usual except that the L-Carnitine is 5 days per week and Vit A&E weekly and by the end of the month i will do the CBC.

I thought that L-Carnitine was responsible for this fluctuations but when i asked the doctor, she told me that it is taken for the good effiency of heart and mucsles and has nothing to do with platletes and i shouldn't be worried about clotting as it becomes dangerous when platletes increase more than 1,000,000

I just want to know the reason of this fluctuations and if it has any effect on the body. Any body knows???

Thanks

Manal

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk