Information Required on Thalassemia Treatment at Canada

• 4 Replies
Information Required on Thalassemia Treatment at Canada
« on: September 09, 2015, 04:25:52 AM »
Hi Friends,

My son Vedansh is 2.5 yrs Thal Major with transfusion frequency 25 days, I am software consultant at Mumbai, India. Recently I have an opportunity to work at Canada from my company. Could anyone please respond how treatment is available for Visa holders at Canada.

Thanks,
Devesh

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
  • If I Can, Why Not You??... If I Can U TOO !!!...
Re: Information Required on Thalassemia Treatment at Canada
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2015, 08:23:04 AM »
Hi Devesh ,
welcome to the forum ....
here is the link of thalassemia Foundation Canada ...  http://www.thalassemia.ca/  ....
and here is the link about Canandian Health Sysytem : http://healthycanadians.gc.ca/health-system-systeme-sante/index-eng.php?_ga=1.185748841.1389119870.1441786681

i hope these links will b helpfull fo r you .... please wait and keep visiting the forum i hope uyou will hear from canadian and senior members very soon .....  i hope they will guide you better .... :) ..

regards ...
Sometimes , God breaks our spirit to save our soul.
Sometimes , He breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes , He sends us pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes , He sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes , He sends us illness so we can take better care of our selves.
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2015, 04:28:26 PM »
Hi Devesh,

If you are coming here on work visa, please ensure you iron out your child's medical insurance with your company. Canada has universal health care system for its citizens and immigrants (which mean thalassemia treatment is free). However, if you are coming on work visa as foreign national, you are not considered as immigrant or citizen, you have to buy medical insurance (which can be expensive).

Not trying to discourage you, but since your child has a pre-medical condition, I am not sure if insurance companies are willing to offer you policy (nature of humans). I would only imagine, a monthly transfusion with doctor appointment and exjade etc. can cost you more than $1,000 per month.

Please talk to your company about your child and possibility of medical insurance.

Regards.

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2015, 06:39:51 PM »
Thank for sharing this info. Canadian family & nice friend, in that case I will prefer to stay in India only.

Many Thanks,
Devesh

Offline Bostonian_04

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2015, 06:48:52 PM »
Hi Devesh,

if you are being sponsored by your company to come to Canada, I will think the company has to provide health insurance to you and your family. So, do find that out before you decide not to pursue coming to Canada.

just my thought.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes ? - Plato

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk