Getting Ripped ... ?

• 5 Replies
Getting Ripped ... ?
« on: January 06, 2016, 03:41:11 AM »
I have thal intermedia I am 36 years old and fairly healthy for my blood condition.  I am on hydroxyurea.

I am 140lbs seems I am gaining weight (getting fat) since I have hit 33 or so.  I am very active I walk well over 10K a day I am always moving and I have a good diet, even though my belly is getting big I am a small frame person.

I want to gain muscle .. I do not want to be a body builder or any thing like that I just want to get some muscle for my health and to look a little better (proportionate .. I have a big head because of the Thal)

I have been going to the gym and working out but do not see any muscle results .. I want to take steroids to see some results but don't know if it would be okay with the Thal or not.  Also could I talk my hematologist into prescribing me some sort of HGH?

Any advice?

Offline Dharmesh

Re: Getting Ripped ... ?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2016, 06:45:44 AM »
Hi,
A Diet can lead you to build muscle.
What your diet consist?
Start listening your body, it always gives signs

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2016, 01:08:38 PM »
I normally eat a small breakfast maybe toast, a bagel, or a few eggs.  Lunch is most of the time a meat and vegi dish with rice, dinner is normally a meat and vegi dish.

My diet has not changed in the last 5 years neither has my activity other than I started going to the gym.  I feel my stomach is getting larger fatter and I don't know why.

I had a splenectomy at age 4 and have always had a little of a pot belly.  I want to see ab definition and I want to gain some muscle mostly arm and leg.

I can not do much workouts as far as ab training goes like sit ups because it kills my back (I have gone through radiation treatment on my back 3 times).

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2016, 11:07:41 PM »
DiMattia,

Have you had a recent ultrasound to determine why your abdomen is distended?  I would not recommend steroids to gain muscle, steroids have many negative side effects and can be life threatening.  Your endocrinologist may prescribe HGH if you're levels are low. 

If you are overweight, you may need to adjust the amount of food you are eating or increase the amount of activity.  You may slowly add weight bearing exercises to your exercise regimen.  You physician can assess what is best for you.

All the best DiMattia,

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Dharmesh

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2016, 05:04:35 PM »
I normally eat a small breakfast maybe toast, a bagel, or a few eggs.  Lunch is most of the time a meat and vegi dish with rice, dinner is normally a meat and vegi dish.

My diet has not changed in the last 5 years neither has my activity other than I started going to the gym.  I feel my stomach is getting larger fatter and I don't know why.

I had a splenectomy at age 4 and have always had a little of a pot belly.  I want to see ab definition and I want to gain some muscle mostly arm and leg.

I can not do much workouts as far as ab training goes like sit ups because it kills my back (I have gone through radiation treatment on my back 3 times).

aah!!!
you have started workouts without any basic exercise like walking, jogging. In addition in spite of workouts your diet is unchanged which should have increased.

breakfast is the most important part of diet plan.
you are not drinking milk ?
i am pure veg. so about non-veg diet i am not able to find out that whether you are taking enough protein (most important thing to build muscle) , carbs and fat in your food.

First do exercise like walking , jogging. then it will give stemina to your body than gradually start and increase your workouts.

Make sure you are taking enough carbs, protein and fat from your diet
Start listening your body, it always gives signs

Offline Waleed

• I'm not normal but Supernormal
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2016, 04:38:15 PM »
DiMattia,

Muscles are not earned easily and with Thalassemia Major/Inter it is even more difficult. I am thal major and do body building and have gained descent muscles given the medical limitations I have. I can assure you to gain muscle, however, your mentioning of HGH right after saying you are not gaining muscle is perhaps indicating your looking for results too fast. As I started the post, muscles are earned and it takes years of dedication to a certain lifestyle that earns that. People are mistaken when they think they can turn their bodies into rock solid mountain by taking steroids and hormones. There are no shortcuts! You have to commit yourself to what it really takes to build healthy muscle.You can follow these steps to transform your body

1. Healthy diet divided over 5-6 meals a day with no more than 3 hours break in between.
2. Gym training of no more than 1 hour, 4 days a week.
3. Whey protein, multivitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
4. Sleep of no less than 7 hours

If you can follow these consistently you will start seeing results in 3 months. Remember, muscle gaining is a 24 hour sport which makes it perhaps the most difficult sport in the world.
Waleed

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk