All 3 chelators at once

• 22 Replies

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
Re: All 3 chelators at once
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2017, 02:35:52 AM »
I don't know if that liver MRI score is accurate. The heart score is great, but the liver score is severe iron overload. I have been told by an American thal hematologist that MRI's done in India are often suspect. Still, it may be likely that the liver is loaded if Kelfer was the main chelator used, and it has apparently done a good job with heart iron, then I think it's time to switch to a combination more likely to produce good results in the liver, I would suggest Asunra and desferal and stop Kelfer for the time being. I don't think higher doses are needed at this time, just a change in what is being used. Desferal is known as a good chelator for the liver, so it's a better choice at this time.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2017, 04:39:51 PM »
Thank for reply,

Now going to give some rest to kelfer  and dear "ASUNRA " you are the target buddy.  :biggrin

Very shaky to take DESFERAL 6days a week (12hrs office work,makes tired and infusion rashes and whole day pain makes it difficult ).

---Taking DESFERAL(3vials=1.5g) alternate day and taking KELFER(9tabs) on the alternate days left . ASUNRA(1600mg) daily. would be a good idea ? or should wait for any real solid study of 3 chelators combined ?
 -weight is 53kg

Offline Andy Battaglia

« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2017, 10:47:17 PM »
I've only heard reports from a couple people who tried all 3 chelators at once, and their experience was not good. I would say take your full dose of Asunra every day and desferal at least 5 times each week.
Andy

Offline Dharmesh

« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2017, 07:52:25 AM »
Hi,
Combining all the 3 chelators will only reduce the ferritin super quickly but it is advisable for only those whose ferritin is climbing high with severe iron load in organs.
Results are very good recently one of my friend brought his ferritin to 250 from around 20000 without any side effects and many patients whose ferritin is quite high are taking combo of all the chelators (i.e. TROMBO, that is what we call this combination.. LOL)

But when ferritin is around 3000 with good cardiac score combination of 2 chelators will suffice. If you can comply with desferal then Asunra and Desferal combo will do the job but if ur not compliant with then you can go with Asunra and Kelfer combo.

Any combination will work only if you take it regularly and vigorously without fail.

For your palpitation issue maintain good Hb level and consult Physician or Cardiologist , you may get prescribed medicine for it. Many times thals needs these medicines.

Your dose for Asunra is low wrt your weight.

Regarding my experience

I tried all the 3 chelators like
Defrijet daily + Desferal 4days/week ( 4 vials) + Kelfer 3days/week

@Andy,
I am getting done my MRI @ Jhankhariya Imaging Mumbai which the most reliable center nowadays.

Start listening your body, it always gives signs

« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2018, 02:48:24 PM »
Recently Desferal is not available in market in my city.
also compliance issues with Desferal.
I think its best to go with ASUNRA+ KELFER combo.

@Dharmesh
Yeah,you are right.Dose is below 30mg/kg. Will be increased to 2000mg per day(1 extra tab) within few weeks.
Kelfer - 9 tab per day.

Offline Dharmesh

« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2018, 01:49:40 PM »
Recently Desferal is not available in market in my city.
also compliance issues with Desferal.
I think its best to go with ASUNRA+ KELFER combo.

@Dharmesh
Yeah,you are right.Dose is below 30mg/kg. Will be increased to 2000mg per day(1 extra tab) within few weeks.
Kelfer - 9 tab per day.

All the best
Start listening your body, it always gives signs

Offline Andy Battaglia

« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2018, 12:11:04 AM »
I'll be interested in seeing the MRI scores when you have them.
Andy

Offline Andy Battaglia

« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2018, 12:53:33 AM »
I also want to repeat that regular monitoring needs to be done when patients are using combination chelation.
Andy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk