Please help David Levy With His Research

• 5 Replies

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
Please help David Levy With His Research
« on: June 12, 2016, 11:26:25 PM »
Our member, David Levy has been trying to recruit people for his study for months without a lot of success. This study is to examine the impact thalassemia has on the lives of family and friends, in addition to the thals themselves, so anyone with a thal of any type in their lives can participate. I would really like to see some people give back a little and help David out. Do not underestimate the value of this research, as it could prove quite valuable to others living with thal and also to the medical community that treats thal but is often completely unaware of the many issues that thals face regularly. If you can, take a few minutes and contact David to find out what is involved. David has been a member of this group for many years, and is the oldest transfusing patient I know who has gone through a bone marrow transplant. He took a huge risk being over 30, but so far, he has done well. I'd like if it some of you will give some time to the man who started the Facebook thalassemia support group. He didn't have to do anything, yet he established a group that thousands of people use. Let's return the favor with a great response.

Thank you.
Andy Battaglia

Hi everyone!
I am still recruiting people for my research study on thalassemia. If you are interested, please contact me at dlevy@stu.argosy.edu. Patients 18+ with thalassemia minor, intermedia or major qualify. I am also recruiting relatives of patients, so if your brothers, sisters, parents, children (18+) or cousins / extended family are interested, please have them contact me at the above e-mail address as well. You would be helping learn more about the direct impact that thalassemia has on patients and you have the chance of winning a $25 gift certificate to Amazon. Thanks!
Sincerely,
David Levy
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Nomad

• In Darkest Day in Brightest Night...
Re: Please help David Levy With His Research
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2016, 05:15:30 PM »
Andy, if Germany is not to far away I would love to help...

Offline Parin

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2016, 05:37:03 AM »
Sent an email to David.

Offline Andy Battaglia

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2016, 07:40:27 PM »
Nomad, email David to see if he needs more responses. My efforts paid off and he got over 15 new responses, but I don't know if he still needs more.
Andy

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
  • If I Can, Why Not You??... If I Can U TOO !!!...
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2016, 06:29:30 PM »
Andy ,,
is this resarch is still on ???
Sometimes , God breaks our spirit to save our soul.
Sometimes , He breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes , He sends us pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes , He sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes , He sends us illness so we can take better care of our selves.
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

Offline Andy Battaglia

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2016, 11:50:29 PM »
I think it is. Email David to find out.
Andy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk