Desferal infusion giving problems

• 1 Replies

Offline Alia

Desferal infusion giving problems
« on: August 11, 2016, 01:00:02 PM »
Hello everyone
I'm back after a long time. I missed this group as it has always been helpful.
As you know my  daughter who is now (10 years old.) thalassemia major pationt.
Sara has been taking desferal infusions for about nearly 4 years. It was working for her . Her iron alwyes stayed between 11 to 1200. From the past 5 months the desferal vials changed. Chimist said they have changed some ingrents for cheaper option , the vials are smallar is well.
Its really hard to prepare it, it creats too much gas in the vial and its always hard get it out with injection.

Since the new medicine has started 5 monthes ago , saras has been having problems on area of the infusion. It hurts for her really badly ,she cant move once injection is her stomach,she describes as really sharp shick type of pain. And it happans every time. Her skin became very sensitive she screams when it has been touched. There is not many brousing.
Her ferriten went up its 1600 . I dont know what other chelation is good for her, she is on combined chelation ferroprox and desferal it was working for her till now.

Could you please tell me if any of you have any problems with new desferal? Im desperate for any info.
Please Andy can you help?

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
Re: Desferal infusion giving problems
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2016, 02:51:17 AM »
I think we've been addressing this on Facebook. Ayesha suggested Novartis brand. I also suggest that an oral chelator could be tried.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk