wheatgrass, IP6, and folate....with many different kinds, which is better?

• 1 Replies
Hello to Everybody,
1st, thank you to all of you who ask and answer questions.  I am trying to take supplements (other than the 3 mg daily of  folic acid my hematologist prescribed) to raise my hemoglobin, white blood cells, and platelet counts which are low, and have dropped this past year.  Also trying to reduce the size of my enlarged spleen which has become more painful, and reduce minor iron overload.  I have read many, many posts that cover many different years (again....Thank You!).  I am curious if the supplements I started taking are good enough or should I be taking different ones as they seem to differ in some of their values and ingredients.  I just recently ordered the folate after reading much info on this site how it is better than folic acid (my dr says I should be on 3 mg folic acid daily), and even that is not so simple as their are different ones.  Guess I'm looking for some guidance.  I appreciate your time and advice.  Thanks....Joel
Below is some copy and paste from info on above supplements. I apologize if it seems long, but figured it was easier to read than going to each website for description.

Currently started taking 3 weeks now-
Organic Wheat Grass by Amazing Grass contains 100% organic, whole leaf wheat grass, one of the most potent leafy greens available.

Our Wheat Grass powder gives you an antioxidant packed boost that alkalizes and energizes with every serving. Just mix with any beverage for a great source of leafy greens, vitamins and minerals. You need only one glass to reach your daily quota of 5 to 9 servings of fruits and vegetables. 30 servings.

Product Highlights:

• Increases & sustains energy naturally
• Detoxifies and cleanses your body
• High alkalinity helps balance acidic pH levels
• Strengthens immune system
• Complete food with enzymes & all essential amino acids
• Natural source of antioxidants to help repair damaged cells
• Field grown outdoors through winter
• Vegan, Gluten Free and Raw

Manufactured by:  Amazing Grass

Serving Size 1 scoop

Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
Calories 35.00   

Calories from Fat 0.00   

Total Fat 0.00 g 0% 

Cholesterol 0.00 g 0%   

Total Carbohydrate 4.00 g 1% 

Dietary Fiber 2.00 g 8% 

Sugars 0g **   

Protein 2.00 g 4%   

Vitamin A (100% as Beta carotene) 3800.00 IU 76% 

Vitamin C 14.00 mg 23% 

Vitamin K 80.00 mcg 100% 

Riboflavin 600 mcg 35%   

Niacin 600 mcg 3%   

Vitamin B6 100 mcg 5% 

Folic Acid 80.00 mcg 20% 

Cobalamin (B12) 0.10 mcg 2% 

Calcium 30.00 mg 3%   

Iron 1.6 mg 9%   

Iodine 18.00 mcg 20%   

Selenium 8.00 mcg 11%   

Manganese 548.00 mcg 27%   

Sodium 0.00 mg 0%   

Potassium 230.00 mg 7%   

Chlorophyll 42.00 mg +   

Organic whole leaf wheat grass powder (Triticum aestivum)   

** Daily Value are based on a 2,000 calorie diet   

+ Daily Value not established. 

Directions: Mix 1 scoop with 8 or more ounces of water, juice or in your favorite smoothie.

Other Ingredients: Organic whole-leaf wheat grass powder (triticum aestivum), Organic whole-leaf wheat grass powder (triticum aestivum)

WARNING: Best kept frozen, refrigerated or in a cool dry place after opening.

IP6 and Inositol that I just started taking
It’s time to take action toward supporting your immune health with the powerful protection of Cell Forté IP-6 & Inositol.**  IP-6 & Inositol provides valuable health benefits by increasing levels of phosphates in your cells to support your immune system.** 

While IP-6 is found in rice bran and other foods, there are good reasons to take an IP-6 & Inositol supplement.  First, IP-6 is better absorbed in pure form without any competition from proteins and other nutrients. Besides, IP-6 is often lacking in foods that have been processed since IP-6 is usually found in the bran or hull, which is often milled away

Supplement Facts

Serving Size 2 Capsules 

Servings per Container 60 

Calcium 130 mg 13% 

(from calcium magnesium phytate) 
Phosphorus 190 mg 19% 

Magnesium 40 mg 10% 

IP-6 (inositol hexaphosphate) 800 mg ** 

Inositol
220 mg **

FOLATE-  I am getting ready to start taking (currently still taking 3 mg of folic acid)

Folic Acid must first be converted to its active form by a series of biochemical steps, before it is able to be used by the body. Metafolin® (L-methylfolate) requires no conversion because it is bioidentical to the bio-active form. In other words, it is ‘body-ready’. This can be useful for individuals whose bodies have difficulty converting folic acid to its active form. The  active folate in this formulation promotes heart health. It also supports a healthy nervous system and the formation of healthy red blood cells.**

FREE OF: Gluten, Wheat, Dairy, Soy, Yeast, Sugar, Sodium, Artificial Flavor, Sweetener, Preservatives and Color.

100 servings per container.  Contains 100 tablets.

Serving Size: 1 Tablet 

Folate 800 mcg 200% 

(as L-methylfolate as Metafolin®)

Folate which I am curious about,  if it is a better form

Methyl Folate  ((6S)-5-methyltetrahydrofolic acid or (6S)-5-MTHF) is the most biologically active form of folic acid. 

Quatrefolic  ®  is the 4th  generation development in folate  delivery. With certain inherited errors in metabolism and under a variety of physiologic stresses, the transformation of folic acid into the active form of folate either does not properly  take place or is inadequate.** Unlike folic acid, 5-MTHF can cross the blood-brain barrier.**

• 1000 Micrograms
• The more stable, more bioavailable form of folate**

100 servings per container.

Servings per Container: 100 

Folate   

(as Quatrefolic® (6S)-5-methyltetrahydrofolic acid glucosamine salt) 1000 mcg 250%

Manufactured by: Solgar

IP6 that I am curious about, it different in ingredients, and doesn't have Inositol

Pill Size Rapid Release

Gluten Free

Inositol Hexaphosphate is a naturally occurring ingredient found in oats, wheat, rice, corn and legumes. It may inhibit lipid peroxidation and fights the body's production of free radicals.

Our Inositol Hexaphosphate capsules are derived from the bran portion of brown rice. Two capsules provide (1020 mg) of Inositol Hexaphosphate.

No Artificial Color, Flavor or Sweetener, No Preservatives, No Sugar, No Milk, No Lactose, No Soy, No Gluten, No Wheat, No Yeast, No Fish, Sodium Free

Serving Size 2 Capsules 

Servings Per Container 60 

Calcium 173 mg 17% 

IP-6 Inositol Hexaphosphate 1,020 mg 

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
Re: wheatgrass, IP6, and folate....with many different kinds, which is better?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2016, 06:14:40 PM »
If I miss anything, let me know. It is a long post.

Wheatgrass: There are many types of products on the market from fresh juice to powders and extracts. The extract made by Dr Wheatgrass is probably the most potent of all. Fresh juice may be impossible for many to take on a daily basis. Wheatgrass powder made from juice is more potent than wheatgrass powder made from the grass blades. Brands don't matter as much as content. The extract contains no iron at all, while the fresh juice contains more iron than in any other form.

I'm not certain there is any difference between Metafolin and Quatrefolic. It may just be marketing. Both are folate.

IP6 will work fine by itself but is really does work better when taken with inositol, as well.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk