Prenatal tests for Thal minor parents

• 5 Replies

Offline pmeet

Prenatal tests for Thal minor parents
« on: December 17, 2016, 07:48:08 PM »
Hello, I am posting after a while. Evi is now almost 6 years, growing as a normal child with monthly transfusion and iron around 1000 maintained.
We planned for another kid, we hoped for HLA match and tried going IVF route. We tried twice but genetic testing didnt find any matching HLA in around 8 embroys .
We decided to pick from one of the 8 non major embryo.

As i understand these tests are always <100% accurate . What prenatal tests are recommended for parents like us.

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
Re: Prenatal tests for Thal minor parents
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2016, 12:57:45 AM »
If you both already know you carry thal minor, testing you won't be necessary. If the embryo is thal minor, that is acceptable. It doesn't always work with the first try, so be patient and don't let yourself get too disappointed if the first attempt doesn't work.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline pmeet

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2016, 06:18:12 PM »
Thanks Andy.
My wife is now pregnant. The embryo we implanted was thal minor.It didnt unfortunately match HLA with my daughter. In fact i was given result, match or not match on embryos. They were unable to tell if it was 4/6 pr 5/6 hla match.

The lab accuracy is around 90% i think. We will want to do another test in 12th week to confirm the result.
What other tests do you  recommend ?

Offline Andy Battaglia

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2016, 11:48:41 PM »
The CVS at 12 weeks should tell you everything you need to know about the fetus.
Andy

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2016, 07:33:28 AM »
dear Andy. can sex be determined through IVF. wat abt its success rate after implanting

Offline Andy Battaglia

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2016, 11:53:31 PM »
The reported success rate for IVF is variable, 20-40%, which is in line with the success rates of a natural pregnancy.
Andy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk