Haploidentical transplant

• 4 Replies

Offline MC

Haploidentical transplant
« on: January 04, 2017, 03:30:27 AM »
Hi everybody,
First of all I wish all of you a very  very happy new year. I could not post anything for a long time after my first introduction as I was busy with the haploidentical transplant of my grandson. It was TCR alpha beta/CD 19 depleted stem cell transplant. The donor was his father. Today is 105 days after transplant. He is now recovering well. The most complicated events were invasive CMV infection and Gr-II gut GVHD and Gr-1 liver GVHD. These are now in a controlled state. Neutrophil engraftment was achieved on day 8 and plate on day 9. 

Offline Himanshu Kumar

• Aditi
Re: Haploidentical transplant
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2017, 05:09:09 PM »
Hi MC,

Happy new year to you too! Could not have been a better way to usher into the new year than this feeling and great news. Where did you get your transplant done. Which hospital/doctor.

Wishing a speedy recovery to your grandson.

Best wishes,
Regular transfusion, Keeping pre transfusion HB above 10 and Iron Chelation are the three mantras for thals to stay healthy.

Offline MC

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2017, 02:24:05 AM »
Hi,
The hospital is in Bangalore, India. I am really thankful to ‘Cure Thalassemia’ from whom I knew the name of the doctor and the hospital. The outcome of this process is at par with the process of matched sibling. The process is more tedious than monthly transfusions and it is one of the cons of bmt..

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2017, 08:58:53 PM »
Good to hear that things are progressing well post BMT.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2017, 10:06:28 AM »
Congrats ,
Which hospital ?
NH?
We also in process of looking for BMT , 11/12 match with mother ,
Also doing unrelated search.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk