• Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
    December 11, 2017, 01:40:33 AM

• Login with username, password and session length

Sajid's dove

Tell everyone they can now find this site by typing this into their browser:

thalpal.com

Click to visit us on Facebook

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please send an email to: andy@thalpal.com
Please do not send questions about thalassemia to this address.

Administrators
Andy
Danielle

Thalassemia Patients and Friends and thalpal Ā© A. Battaglia 2017

54208 Posts in 5701 Topics by 5802 Members
Latest Member: jiah

This is Thalassemia Patients and Friends,
dedicated to its founder,
Lisa Cammilleri.
(1970-2004)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Plane travel with shortness of breath + bubble of pressure in my solar plexus  (Read 2176 times)
hh

« on: January 05, 2017, 06:41:20 PM »

Hello, I recently discovered that my thalassemia is worse than I thought (41 yrs female). I haven't been tracking my numbers, but after having chest pains and shortness of breath I went to the hospital and found out my hemoglobin was 7.7 (49). They kept me overnight and my number climbed to 7.9. but now I'm having shortness f breath again and a bubble of pressure in my solar plexus. (I started taking folic acid 5 days ago).
I'm not under a doctor's care yet... and I have to travel this Sunday. I'm worried that it might not be safe to travel by plane right now.
Any input most appreciated. I'm sitting here freaked out about organ failure after reading up on Thal.
Thank you!
Andy
Administrator
Supreme Member

Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2017, 03:02:00 PM »

Do you have any previous Hb readings? Below 8 is quite low and would mean you have thal intermedia if that is your normal range. I would recommend 5 mg folate daily and that you also refer to our post at http://www.thalassemiapatientsandfriends.com/index.php/topic,5190.0.html

Is it a long flight?

Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.
Pages: 1 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: