Here today, gone tomorrow?

• 5 Replies

Offline Zadkhi

• Hemoglobin H Disease
  • creativity is my lifeblood
Here today, gone tomorrow?
« on: November 25, 2006, 09:20:09 AM »
Hi to everyone!  :thumbsup

As some of you know, I deal with chronic depression as a result of what seems to be bipolar disorder.

BPD has it's cycles and they go up and down and everywhere in between, though thankfully, not too severely.

When I first signed up for this forum, I was feeling stable and 'fine', but over the past week or so, my moods have been fluctuating and when my moods fluctuate, I have a tendency to draw away from people and pull into myself for periods of time until things stabilize a bit.

Partly from exhaustion (depression), partly from not feeling terribly coherent (depression or hypomania), partly from heightened emotions (depression or hypomania), and partly from a desire to spare people from my episodes.

Because of these things, I sort of poofed from my online activities and I wanted to alert everyone here about this as a head's up.  :)

I mean no offense or disrespect if I suddenly don't post a response for a few days; I simply wish to post when I am more able to communicate in the way that I would like to.

So yeah.

I'm still around and will be around!

I just might have episodic disappearances now and again.

:huh

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
Re: Here today, gone tomorrow?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006, 11:58:54 PM »
Dear Zadkhi

Why don't you try to be with us when the cycle of deppression comes? May be it won't last long, may be it will disappear. You should give it a try and remember we are here to support each other in bad time before the good one. We are here for you in all your moods, truely don't worry and who knows we ALL could conquer deppression.

What about medication? To my knowledge, BPD can be cured. It may take a long time ,but at the end it is curable.

Take care
Manal

Offline Christine Mary

• Mother of Lauryn, who has Thal Major
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2006, 12:19:16 AM »
I agree with Manal, Zadkhi.

We are here for each other through THICK AND THIN! Maybe at your time of despair,we can help with whatever is bothering you. Whether it's school,relationships,thal etc.... You are an extended part of my family, and I certainly hope you feel the same~~~ :hug

Love,
Christine

Lauryn's Mom

Kathy11

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2006, 02:51:35 AM »
In response to BPD can be cured, To date research stated that ,it can not be cured but it can be managed.we would not want to mislead a person with our wishfull thinking or lack of information on the subject.

The medications are very harsh and at times comes with very bad side effect .

From high to low. From euphoria to depression. From recklessness to listlessness. These are the extremes associated with bipolar disorder, which can be a serious and disabling mental illness. Bipolar disorder is also known as manic-depression or manic-depressive illness — manic behavior is one extreme of this disorder and depression is the other.

.Bipolar disorder often begins in adolescence or early adulthood and may persist throughout life. The causes of bipolar disorder are elusive, and there's no cure

The flares of bipolar disorder may last for weeks or months, causing great disturbances in the lives of those affected, their friends and their families. Left untreated, the condition usually worsens. But bipolar disorder can be managed with medications and other therapies.

It is like saying thal minor doesn't cause problem when we know now that it does cause problem in some people.

Kathy

Offline jzd24

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2006, 05:43:28 AM »
Zadkhi,
     Sorry to hear you are at a low point right now - depression is so exhausting. I'm glad you checked in with us, but I completely understand about the drawing away from people. I hope you are feeling better soon. We all care about you.  Jean   :bighug

Offline Danielle

• Beta Thal Major
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2006, 07:55:57 AM »
Zadkhi, I'm glad to see you posting.  As someone who has gone through depression on and off in her life, I completely understand what it's like to want to draw away from people.  I do it from time to time.  Take all the time you need and take care of yourself, and whenever you decide to come and post again, we are always here.  The forum isn't going anywhere, so you know where to find us.   :hug

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk