Novartis Oleptis

• 23 Replies
Re: Novartis Oleptis
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2017, 04:40:37 PM »
Yes, it is available in India and Dr R had already started prescribing to patients.
It's around Rs 5800 (don't remember the exact figure) for 260 mg tab so out of reach of 99.99% patients.

I was also there at seminar

It breaks my heart to see that most patients in India cannot afford Jadenu. I have children and I cannot imagine the pain parents feel of not affording a drug at this cost. If a patient is taking 500mg per day, it will cost them approx. Rs 11,000 or approx. $18 per day. May be if you can re-confirm the price....it sounds unreasonable....
Regards.

Offline Dharmesh

« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2017, 03:06:27 PM »
No need to break the heart at all !!!!!

We have so many options namely defrijet/desirox aka Exjade (available free of cost in my state i.e. Gujarat) We have free desferal , we have Kelfer aka L1 at a concessional rate. Even the govt is helping financially for BMT nowadays....

At the same time the Rs 11000 cost may be ok but tell me how many patients are taking ONLY 500 mg ???
Here adult patients are taking 4-5 tabs of 500 mg each daily for 50 kg weight , then what will be the cost ?? Rs 55000 woooo , Dear oleptiss please stay away from me as even i don't want to touch you and m happy with defrijet (orange flavor)

and Rs 30000 was the amount written by Dr R in FB post...
So please don't be sad... The MNCs are not gonna making money here....

PS : Are you playing dandiya in this Navratri (Nine nights) festival???
Start listening your body, it always gives signs

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2017, 07:21:18 PM »
If a generic form does not appear, it seems Oleptiss will not be affordable for most Indian patients.

Strangely, I have heard from several people who were fine with Exjade but could not tolerate Jadenu.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Nomad

• In Darkest Day in Brightest Night...
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2017, 08:22:15 PM »
Hmm

« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2017, 08:57:40 AM »

We have so many options namely defrijet/desirox aka Exjade (available free of cost in my state i.e. Gujarat) We have free desferal , we have Kelfer aka L1 at a concessional rate. Even the govt is helping financially for BMT nowadays....

At the same time the Rs 11000 cost may be ok but tell me how many patients are taking ONLY 500 mg ???
Here adult patients are taking 4-5 tabs of 500 mg each daily for 50 kg weight , then what will be the cost ?? Rs 55000 woooo , Dear oleptiss please stay away from me as even i don't want to touch you and m happy with defrijet (orange flavor)

As per doctor agarwal,  only 1 tablet of oleptus will be needed per day.  If that is the case,  than the cost of the tablet will come down considerably. Also he justified the cost by saying that the management of other iron chelators is a tedious job,  as you are required to fast before taking the tablet,  however this is not the case with oleptus,  it can be taken with food or drinks,  anytime of the day without fasting,  it can be sprinkled on the food and eaten. This helps in managing chelation better. 

What he meant is in the long run,  oleptus will help save costs from treatment of other complications that may happen by missing dosage on other chelators.

Offline Nomad

• In Darkest Day in Brightest Night...
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2017, 02:52:51 PM »
Hey everyone, something has happened to my last post. I was just saying that in my case it is the opposite, I have better results on Ferritin and LIC with Jadenu than I have had with exjade. This makes me think again that beside Thalassaemia we are all individuals who do not always  respond same...

Offline Dharmesh

« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2017, 06:42:17 PM »
As per doctor agarwal,  only 1 tablet of oleptus will be needed per day.
Lol...

Andy,
Is it correct?
Start listening your body, it always gives signs

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2017, 09:28:23 PM »
It isn't correct. If it is the same as Jadenu, the dose is based on weight, as with all chelators.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Pratik

• Thal Major.
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2017, 10:53:05 AM »

Hi man,

Where is it available for free? Can you share it please?

Thanks!
Every child is special.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk