• Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
    December 16, 2018, 02:34:34 PM

• Login with username, password and session length

Sajid's dove

Tell everyone they can now find this site by typing this into their browser:

thalpal.com

Click to visit us on Facebook

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please send an email to: andy@thalpal.com
Please do not send questions about thalassemia to this address.

Administrators
Andy
Danielle

Thalassemia Patients and Friends and thalpal Ā© A. Battaglia 2018

54865 Posts in 5824 Topics by 6069 Members
Latest Member: Revia

Forum Tip: 
You can change your member name in your profile, under "Account Related Settings," so you don't have to re-register to change it.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 Go Down Print
Author Topic: IVF with PGD (Probes for HLA Match)  (Read 1156 times)
Syeda

« on: March 08, 2018, 02:08:07 PM »

Hello All,

We are pursuing IVF with PGD for future children. Our probes are made for the Thal Major + HLA typing , but on the HLA side they indicated they were unable to select probes on my husband's allele to cover the following Class 1 HLA Genes: HLA-F, HLA-G, HLA-A, HLA-E. So there is a possibility that embryos designated as a match may not actually be a 100% match. They're telling us to talk to a transplant physician (we don't have one yet as we don't know when we will actually move forward with the BMT).

I'm trying to understand the implications of this on my own- but I would think it very unlikely that they wouldn't find the closest possible match?
Fahed_FN

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2018, 11:31:18 PM »

Dear Syeda,

We have done an IVF with PGD 2 years back and we have got a matching sibling (9 months old now) for my Thal kid (5 years old), we are planning for a BMT currently.

On the PGD they asked us to check with our doctor on which allele they should match and our doctor advised on the following:

HLA-A, HLA-B, HLA-C, HLA-DRB1, HLA-DQB1

My advice is that since the matching probability is 25%, then do multiple IVF cycles, freeze embryos, then group them all for one PGD to maximize the chance of getting a match.
Pages: 1 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: