IVF with PGD (Probes for HLA Match)

• 1 Replies

Offline Syeda

IVF with PGD (Probes for HLA Match)
« on: March 08, 2018, 08:08:07 PM »
Hello All,

We are pursuing IVF with PGD for future children. Our probes are made for the Thal Major + HLA typing , but on the HLA side they indicated they were unable to select probes on my husband's allele to cover the following Class 1 HLA Genes: HLA-F, HLA-G, HLA-A, HLA-E. So there is a possibility that embryos designated as a match may not actually be a 100% match. They're telling us to talk to a transplant physician (we don't have one yet as we don't know when we will actually move forward with the BMT).

I'm trying to understand the implications of this on my own- but I would think it very unlikely that they wouldn't find the closest possible match?

Re: IVF with PGD (Probes for HLA Match)
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2018, 04:31:18 AM »
Dear Syeda,

We have done an IVF with PGD 2 years back and we have got a matching sibling (9 months old now) for my Thal kid (5 years old), we are planning for a BMT currently.

On the PGD they asked us to check with our doctor on which allele they should match and our doctor advised on the following:

HLA-A, HLA-B, HLA-C, HLA-DRB1, HLA-DQB1

My advice is that since the matching probability is 25%, then do multiple IVF cycles, freeze embryos, then group them all for one PGD to maximize the chance of getting a match.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk