Blood test results, and other symptoms as a Thal Minor

• 3 Replies
Blood test results, and other symptoms as a Thal Minor
« on: October 23, 2018, 05:36:04 PM »

Height: 73 inches or 186 cm.

don't drink or do drugs at all. Eat very clean(only 100% whole grain for carbs, un--saturated fats, lean protein, and loads of veggies) exercise 6 days a week( for the last 3 years).

of/c: diagnosed thalassemia minor at birth.

Blood Test Results  

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SiaVltLCGdWOerSxb-ixb4GxaLl1Ppj0/view?usp=sharing

Although I have been experiencing very strange symptoms in the last 7 years. It all started with a nodule under my right ear(7 years ago) that spread to other areas, including: under jaw, other side of ear, and more recently, armpits. They reach a certain size, and stop growing.

I had no symptoms until 1.5 years ago. These symptoms include, mild infrequent bone pain; muscle spasms, and most recent to make the list: heart palpitations while I do cardio.

I have been ignoring these symptoms, because for the most part, I feel perfectly fine. The former two symptoms tolerable and mild(spasms and mild, infrequent bone pain.) The last symptoms is a little cause for concern. They happen about 50% of the time I do cardio on any given day. I got blood-work done, an ecg, and ultrasound, and to my surprise, everything came back "normal." However, I am starting to thing something may not be right here with all these symptoms taken into consideration.

Only supplement I take is magnesium citrate.

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
Re: Blood test results, and other symptoms as a Thal Minor
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2018, 06:34:34 PM »
A few questions.

Do you have a high protein diet?

Do you stay well hydrated?

Is there anything about your diet that would give you high amounts of calcium? Your calcium is towards the high end of normal, so I am wondering if even though you are taking a magnesium supplement, if you still may have an imbalance between calcium and magnesium, which cam lead to heart palps.

Can you describe how the nodules feel? Are they soft to the touch?
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2018, 04:29:21 PM »
1. no my diet is actually not very high in protein. Mostly whole grains, greens, and unsaturated fats.

2. Yes, I drink maybe too much water. Usually around 96-128 oz's.

3. I thought my calcium was in the "normal" range- my main source of calcium is plain yogurt.

4. the nodules are movables, rubbery/hard, painless. They have been there for the last 7 years. They grow to a certain size and seem to stop.

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2018, 11:01:39 PM »
The nodules sound benign, and might possibly be sebaceous cysts. Has a doctor looked at them? If a doctor thinks they are of concern, a biopsy would most likely be done. If they are benign cysts, nothing needs to be done.

Your calcium is in normal range, but near the high end of normal. The main concern would be creating an imbalance with magnesium, but you are taking magnesium. The reason I mention it is because an imbalance between magnesium and calcium can lead to heart palps. A magnesium complex might be a better choice to make sure it is being well absorbed. Low magnesium can also cause muscle cramping and muscle pain. Also, because over 99% of the body's magnesium is not in the blood, testing reveals practically nothing about your magnesium status.

The reason I asked about the protein is that your BUN, blood urea nitrogen, is at the high end of normal and this can be caused by too much protein. It can also indicate a kidney problem, but I don't know if it's really something to check into, as other sources list the high end of normal at a higher level.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk