• Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
    November 22, 2019, 06:28:07 AM

• Login with username, password and session length

Sajid's dove

Tell everyone they can now find this site by typing this into their browser:

thalpal.com

Click to visit us on Facebook

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please send an email to: andythalpal@yahoo.com
Please do not send questions about thalassemia to this address.

Administrators
Andy
Danielle

Thalassemia Patients and Friends and thalpal © A. Battaglia 2019

55159 Posts in 5879 Topics by 6155 Members
Latest Member: jchang121

We love you, Lisa.
May you Rest in Peace,
knowing that your legacy lives on,
right here, and through all of us.
You're forever in our hearts.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 Go Down Print
Author Topic: REBLOZYL (Luspatercept) Approved by FDA  (Read 232 times)
Andy Battaglia
Administrator
Supreme Member

Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?

« on: November 08, 2019, 03:40:51 PM »

Great news today! The new drug, REBLOZYL (Luspatercept) has been approved by the FDA today.

https://ir.celgene.com/press-releases/press-release-details/2019/FDA-Approves-REBLOZYL-luspatercept-aamt-for-the-Treatment-of-Anemia-in-Adults-With-Beta-Thalassemia-Who-Require-Regular-Red-Blood-Cell-Transfusions/default.aspx?fbclid=IwAR04eCT3kPgz4ysLirPWdIjmoFHGAWuu7omfB2hOT4ahZNct0U4r9s88lDw

REBLOZYL is the first and only FDA-approved erythroid maturation agent, representing a new class of therapy which works by regulating late-stage red blood cell maturation to help patients reduce their RBC transfusion burden.
REBLOZYL is anticipated to be available [in the US] 1 week following the FDA approval.

At this point, I do not know when it will become available outside the US, but I will try to inform once I know more.

Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.
Sunny2701

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2019, 01:06:52 PM »

Great news! First Gene therapy approval and now this. This definatly is a big step forward. Let's hope everyone is able to reap benefits of these new modes of treatments as early as possible. Although this may not get us totally off transfusions, but there is a silver lining:)
anshul

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2019, 08:16:17 AM »

Great News!!

Do we know if only Adults or Kids also can be benefited once it is available?
Emby

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2019, 08:47:15 AM »

Thank you for this great news Andy!
Please can you help me to understand how exactly it works, although you have highlighted it.
I thought the Hb weakens when blood cells mature. Sorry mind fog. Will it be in medicine form?

Thank you and sorry just can't seem to think straight at the moment.
Sunny2701

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2019, 02:56:53 AM »

Reblozyl will be available commercially in one week and will cost $3,441 per 25 mg vial at list price, the companies said. The drug is dosed by weight, typically at a dose of 1 milligram per kilogram.

For the recommended once per every three weeks regimen, that works out to an annual cost over $170,000 — "significantly higher" than expected, according to SVB Leerink analyst Geoffrey Porges.

Ref- https://www.biopharmadive.com/news/celgene-win-fda-approval-luspatercept-reblozyl-beta-thalassemia/566968/
Pages: 1 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: