Ho much folate do you take?

• 1 Replies
Ho much folate do you take?
« on: January 29, 2019, 07:45:20 PM »
I take 400mcg of methylfolate everyday and my folic acid is at 18.3 in a 8.6-58.9 range which doesn't look good. I'm afraid to increase my dose because even methylfolate is still a synthetic form and is not fully absorbed by body.  I've read that folic acid that is not fully absorbed can cause insomnia and my sleep seems to have got worse worse since I started taking folate. What about you guys? I'm a man in my late 30s.

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
Re: Ho much folate do you take?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2019, 10:28:21 PM »
L-methylfolate is the more biological available form and is much better absorbed than folic acid. I don't think a low dose of 400 mcg will help much, if at all. Most thal minors who report benefits from folate take at least 2 mg daily and often up to 5 mg. A couple minors have told me they are doing great with 10 mg/day. What I hear helps most is taking folate and B-12 together. A sublingual B-12 that melts under your tongue is the best way to take B-12. I take anywhere form 1000-5000 mcg B-12 when I take it. The 5000 dose rally boosts my energy levels on days when I need it.
Take it in the morning and try magnesium right before bed to help you sleep. I am a changed man since I added magnesium right before bed. I sleep much more soundly and it eliminates the restless legs that disturb my sleep.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk