• Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
    February 16, 2019, 04:23:20 AM

• Login with username, password and session length

Sajid's dove

Tell everyone they can now find this site by typing this into their browser:

thalpal.com

Click to visit us on Facebook

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please send an email to: andy@thalpal.com
Please do not send questions about thalassemia to this address.

Administrators
Andy
Danielle

Thalassemia Patients and Friends and thalpal Ā© A. Battaglia 2018

54928 Posts in 5836 Topics by 6083 Members
Latest Member: Sweetie15656

Forum Tip: 
You can change your member name in your profile, under "Account Related Settings," so you don't have to re-register to change it.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 Go Down Print
Author Topic: BMT of my 2 year Old Kid  (Read 173 times)
kaleem

« on: January 14, 2019, 12:48:44 AM »

my 2 year old kid is in hospital for BMT and today its post transplant day 19 and his WBC fell from 6000 yesterday to 4000 today.. doctors started Cyclosporine orally but he is not taking it at all.. yesterday we mixed it with yogurt and then he took it with ease.. now i m afraid that this fall in WBC might be due to mixing medicine with yogurt?? his hb also fell to 7.6.. kindly guide me
kaleem

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2019, 06:29:25 AM »

on day 19 post transplant my kid received blood transfusion as his HB was 7.6. he also got plateletes transfusion.. doctors switched again to IV for for medicine as he was not taking oral medication. yesterday was day 20 and his WBC was 8 and his Filgen injection was reduced to one per day.. previously he was getting 2 Filgen injections each day.. today on day 21 his WBC reduced to 4.8 and his HB is again 8.8.. need your prayers..
kaleem

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2019, 09:30:33 PM »

yesterday he received one filgen injection and today is day 22 and his WBC fell more to 3. he got another blood transfusion yesterday .. platelets are getting transfused everyday..
kaleem

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2019, 06:52:28 AM »

yesterday he received 2 doses of Filgen and at mid night he was also transfused with platelets.. his early morning results were good.. WBC was 8.8 and Platelets 55000.. HB was down from 10 to 9.6.. today is day +24 ..
Pages: 1 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: