• Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
    August 21, 2019, 01:21:24 AM

• Login with username, password and session length

Sajid's dove

Tell everyone they can now find this site by typing this into their browser:

thalpal.com

Click to visit us on Facebook

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please send an email to: andy@thalpal.com
Please do not send questions about thalassemia to this address.

Administrators
Andy
Danielle

Thalassemia Patients and Friends and thalpal Ā© A. Battaglia 2019

55095 Posts in 5864 Topics by 6145 Members
Latest Member: AT

Forum Tip: 
You can now simply type thalpal.com into your browser and it will take you to this site. Tell your friends about this easy-to-remember name.
www.thalpal.com
« previous next »
Pages: 1 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Had spleen removed abt 5 yrs ago, i am terrified of vibrio?????  (Read 205 times)
CUSO

« on: July 17, 2019, 08:16:25 AM »

It has been a while since my last post. I have been doing great. No illness, infections, I feel healthy. Havent taken antibiotics for 3 years. I have fought off several colds and 1 flu without antibiotics. Granted, they last longer than the rest of my family. I have all the vaccines. At this point in my life I am wanting to buy a beach house on the gulf coast. I am seeing several deaths due to Vibrio this year. Now, I had spoken to a Dr and they told me that not having a spleen with this bacteria wont matter. Another told me it would. I believe the oncologist told me it does not matter and the gastro said it did matter. I cant find any info online about this. The people who mostly get vibrio have "compromised immune systems" (what ever that means). I know mine is not optimal, but compromised simply for not having a spleen? Also i have read that by now, my liver and other organs have taken over several functions of the spleen. I also never want anything to do with antibiotics unless i absolutely must take them... any real info that is not just opinions would be very appreciated. thanks
Andy Battaglia
Administrator
Supreme Member

Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2019, 02:25:41 PM »

"People with vibriosis become infected by consuming raw or undercooked seafood or exposing a wound to seawater. "  This would be easy enough to avoid. I see no danger as long as you stay out of the water when you have any sore on your skin.

It can be avoided. Personally, I will never swim in the gulf coast again. My wife and I were both infected with a skin parasite after swimming in the gulf. Too many bird droppings in the water, which feed the parasites.

Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.
Pages: 1 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: