Beta Minor - Endurance - Supplements

• 19 Replies
Re: Beta Minor - Endurance - Supplements
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2020, 11:32:54 PM »
I will make the changes. Thank you Andy.
[Lord, grant me the serenity to accept the things that I can not change, the courage to change the things that I can and the wisdom to know the difference.

Offline zahra

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2020, 05:15:03 AM »
Zahra,

I don't think I've seen such a wide gap between donor and recipient before. Is the donor son a minor?

The donor is thal minor.

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2020, 10:42:11 PM »
That may be the reason for the lower Hb. There may be other genetic factors keeping the donor Hb higher, or it may just be the younger age, but the son who had the BMT will likely have the characteristics of a minor. I've seen that before with a friend from the Netherlands, who had a BMT with her minor sister as the donor in the early 90's, and her Hb was that of a typical thal minor after the BMT.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2021, 06:26:09 PM »
As a Beta Minor I can agree that most of the supplements listed here will have some good effects overall but YMMV and you must also account the prices of supplements vs that of the nutritional foods.

Something I have not seen around here is "Ginkgo biloba". In my late 20's I ran into a young baseball player that was taking Ginkgo biloba gels. Naturally I asked him about it and he said it kept him alert during games. Typically I can bike ride or jog at a slow speed for hours, but to go fast I find myself tiring out more than others. It's always been that way for me and I gave up things as a kid like BMX racing because I couldn't keep up. So one day (20 years ago) I went the GNC at that time and picked up some Ginkgo biloba gels, and I just wanted to be more alert for work. So I took the Ginkgo a few times per-day for a week and felt great. Then my day for work arrived, I loaded up my gear  and I got on my bike for a 5 mile ride. I was in for a shock when I flew up the hills like a champion, it was truly something magical to experience pedaling faster and longer and with almost no effort. From that point on I was hooked on this stuff and months later my lab results came back that looked so good my Doctor was asking me if I was taking anything. I had to stop though, maybe I just over did it, but in time I found myself with long periods of insomnia and there was this one time I scratched my leg and it started bleeding for a very long time. All-in-all though, that was many years back and Ginkgo biloba was the one thing that I felt overcame the physical limitations of Thalassemia.   *Thinking about getting some Ginkgo biloba, but holding myself back.*  :smileblue  

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2021, 06:50:42 PM »
Jared,

We love hearing about success people have with various natural approaches to improving health. Thanks for sharing your experience with Ginkgo.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk