Coronary calcium and Thalassemia

• 2 Replies
Coronary calcium and Thalassemia
« on: October 04, 2020, 08:14:47 PM »
My cardiologist is pleased that I had a score of 0 six years ago and again this year. He said don’t come back for a couple years!

I am wondering if there is any relation of calcium processing in people with Thal B Trait?  My score is certainly not because I live a heart healthy lifestyle; I am over 65, have had fibromyalgia over 30 years, high cholesterol, not optimal blood pressure, am overweight, and mostly sedentary. I do have a 95 percent healthy diet.

Or is it because I have avoided fluoride for over 30 years?

The worst problems I have is occasional cardiac and neuro vasospasms, (the first well documented on an angiogram, the second is a medical conjecture, I was told they are really hard to catch on scans) and I have PVCs (premature ventricular complexes.) And recently I developed widespread joint pain from inflammation, but that was after viral 3 illness episodes in the past 7 months.

Any light on these is appreciated!

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
Re: Coronary calcium and Thalassemia
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2020, 09:29:48 PM »
In general, it is believed that thal minor gives some protection against heart disease. Some dispute this, but most studies have confirmed this.  A healthy diet may have more to do with your experience than thal does, though. As far as PVCs. they are often related to low magnesium in thals and a magnesium supplement can often remedy the issue. I do not carry thal, but after a couple years on magnesium, my heart palp disappeared. The doctor didn't even notice until I asked him if the EKG showed the palp. He said it was gone. Magnesium and calcium control each side of the heartbeat, and often, irregularities are related to low magnesium.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Re: Coronary calcium and Thalassemia
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2020, 02:31:55 AM »
Once again, very good info, and thank you. I’ll take my magnesium supplements religiously from now on.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk