COVID-19 vaccine

• 4 Replies

Offline urja

COVID-19 vaccine
« on: March 26, 2021, 07:20:33 AM »
Hi Thal Pals
Has anyone with Thalassemia major, minor or intermedia taken the COVID-19 vaccine ?
Pls share your experience post vaccine regarding any do’s / don’t please.

Re: COVID-19 vaccine
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2021, 07:16:23 PM »
After months, still there is no answer. :rolleyes I'm wondering about same thing.

Which type thal you have?
How was your health condition when you've vaccinated?
Which vaccine you've have you taken?
Side effects?

Please share with us :biggrin

Knowledge is power..

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2021, 06:07:07 PM »
I'm a 40-year-old female with beta thal intermedia and got two doses of Moderna COVID vaccine earlier this year (first dose in late March, second dose in May). It was fine! I had a very small rash near the injection site a few days after getting the vaccine, which is a normal reaction for the Moderna vaccine. My upper arm near the injection site was also sore for about 36 hours, which is about the same as what I've experienced with other vaccines (flu, TDAP, etc.). I didn't notice any other side effects. My dad, who also has beta thal intermedia, got the same vaccine and said he felt tired in addition to the sore arm. He is 70. He didn't have any other side effects.

At the time I got the vaccines, my hemoglobin was about 9 (normal for me) and my ferritin was about 650 (ferritin has gone up since but that's part of a long-term trend over the past few years so I'm certain it has nothing to do with the vaccine).

My own perspective is that a COVID infection would be significantly higher risk for me than taking the vaccine, which is one of the most effective, most widely administered vaccines in history at this point. mRNA vaccines (Pfizer, Moderna) are even safer than traditional vaccines, so I was very comfortable taking the vaccine!

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2022, 06:37:10 AM »
Hello everyone,

can anyone answers more on vaccines for Thals kids 12 to 15 years?
Especially in India with Covishield and Covaxin.

BR//
Nitin Arora

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2023, 03:27:05 PM »
I'm thal. minor, 66 years old. I've had the Phizer shots, and the most recent one was Moderna. Nothing but a slightly sore arm for a day or so.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk