Longer vs Shorter SubQ needles

• 24 Replies
Re: Longer vs Shorter SubQ needles
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2006, 06:02:26 AM »
I think Poirot's doctor has said right, the point of givig subcutaneous injection like this for such a long time is due to its short plasma retention time of Desferaoxamine. If the medicine circulates with in its capacity to chelate longer time in the body, its proven for better chelation always.

I think some research is goin on to give very concentrated Deferal as a bolus in a short time and that might reduce these long hours of needle problem may be.

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
  • اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
    • Islamic Resources
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2006, 06:11:39 AM »
:idea

I was told to do the following with those long lasting lumps under the skin. Next time your in the shower or enjoying a nice warm bath, with your index finger and middle fingers together massage in a circular motion  the site and the lump will slowly disolve. 

Miaki

Ouch! That's gonna hurt! lumps are usually painfull when touched.
اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline sahil

• Thal Major
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2006, 06:58:09 AM »
I don't know about using more water? My experience when I was doing DFO is that less water is better, because the tissues have less fluid to deal with. But, the thing that really helped for me was using saline instead of pure water. For whatever reasons, the body absorbed the saline water better than pure water, with significantly lower/less painful lumps.

Thanks to Dr Aggarwal for that suggestion.

Poirot wats the difference between pure water n distilled water.....?
My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can.

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
    • Islamic Resources
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2006, 07:40:30 AM »
Distilled water is one that has had virtually all of its impurities, including electrolytes, removed through distillation (that is, boiling the water and re-condensing the steam into a liquid in a clean container, thus leaving contaminants behind); while pure water is simply water that is clean but may contain some electrolytes and impurities.
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline sahil

• Thal Major
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2006, 07:50:25 AM »
Distilled water is one that has had virtually all of its impurities, including electrolytes, removed through distillation (that is, boiling the water and re-condensing the steam into a liquid in a clean container, thus leaving contaminants behind); while pure water is simply water that is clean but may contain some electrolytes and impurities.

so for desferal use what should be used Distilled water or Saline......
My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can.

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
    • Islamic Resources
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2006, 04:37:54 AM »
Well buddy, distilled water works just fine with me. I haven't tried Saline with Desferal Sub-q. However, they gave me Desferal with Saline via I.V but I have allergy with it that way. I don't think that it is the Saline to blame for the allergy, but Desferal given I.V to me just doesn't go well.
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline sahil

• Thal Major
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2006, 07:21:47 AM »
Well buddy, distilled water works just fine with me. I haven't tried Saline with Desferal Sub-q. However, they gave me Desferal with Saline via I.V but I have allergy with it that way. I don't think that it is the Saline to blame for the allergy, but Desferal given I.V to me just doesn't go well.

Well Thank You for the answer but I have one more question for you,my doc has also suggested me to take desferal through I.V so can you share what kinda reaction you had with I.V..........?

thank you ,
sahil
« Last Edit: October 12, 2008, 02:43:02 PM by sahil3101 »

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
    • Islamic Resources
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2006, 05:48:41 AM »
It was quite long time ago. I had a hard time breathing; resulting my fingernails and lips to turn blue and sudden drop of temperature with shivers. It was quite a traumatic experience and then the doctors stopped giving it to me after experiencing this in succession. They wrote on my file cover with bold marker "Allergic to Desferal via I.V" lest any nurse followed the normal procedure and hooked me up to it again :biggrin
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline sahil

• Thal Major
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2006, 08:53:56 AM »
Thanx a ton for replying........! good day.......!

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
    • Islamic Resources
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2006, 09:22:57 AM »
Hi,

I think you should give it a try. If it works out for you; then I guess Desferal will work more efficiently to remove iron from the heart as the blood in the veins goes to it faster than being absorbed from the Sub-q tissue. :huh

Take care.
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk