• Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
    April 20, 2021, 07:07:49 PM

• Login with username, password and session length

Sajid's dove

Tell everyone they can now find this site by typing this into their browser:

thalpal.com

Click to visit us on Facebook

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please send an email to: andythalpal@yahoo.com
Please do not send questions about thalassemia to this address.

Administrators
Andy
Danielle

Thalassemia Patients and Friends and thalpal thalpal.com © A. Battaglia 2021

55463 Posts in 5940 Topics by 6278 Members
Latest Member: PuntaLanza

A message for all  parents who are thals. Keeping your iron load under control is an absolute obligation to your children.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 Go Down Print
Author Topic: I'm home...AGAIN!  (Read 5467 times)
Courtenay1826
Mommy to Karol & Mychael

Thal Minor (with symptoms!)

« on: February 18, 2007, 02:20:48 AM »

I'm back! Big thanks to everyone for supporting my mom the past couple of days!! She was really worried, and we were sure you would be too if you didn't hear from me for a while.  My blood levels have stabilized with a cocktail of Repliva, potassium drinks (YUCK!), and B12 shots.  My re-admitting experience went so much better than the original surgical experience.  I was put on the fourth floor of the hospital (Orthopedics & Advanced Hemodialysis unit) It's mixed due to space issues, I guess...But the wonderful thing was that the rooms were completely updated with sublimely comfortable beds and nice surroundings.  I had a beautiful view that helped with the pain, and wonderful nurses that tried their best to make me calm and in a mood to get better.

My ekg was normal, and the potassium deficiency was explained by diet - I guess because I can't eat a lot of meat due to poor digestion, and no bananas due to an allergy to the natural latex in them - I was using up all my reserves without replacing them. 

My incision sites look great.  There was no blood in the abdomen like Dr. Kumar thought there might be, just a lot of scarring.

That's all I can think of for now...Any questions, I'd be glad to answer!...FYI, Kathy - I have PCOS and took Metformin...and I always had trouble with it.  Made me so sick, I could barely keep anything down.

Also, I have a picture of the incision sites for anyone that would like to see.  It's sorta icky, so I won't post it unless everyone's ready for it and/or interested.

Love,
Court

§ãJ¡Ð ساجد
Beta Thal Major
Global Moderator
Supreme Member

اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2007, 08:49:37 AM »

Hi there! back

Good to see you back and I'm glad that this time you found a better nursing staff.

Wishing you a speedy recovery

Take care, Peace!

اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site
Manal
Global Moderator
Supreme Member

mother of thal intermedia child

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2007, 11:49:57 AM »

Glad to know you are back to home again

Wishing you a speedy recovery which i am sure you will have at home. Greetings to your mum

Manal
Christine Mary

Mother of Lauryn, who has Thal Major

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2007, 05:05:18 PM »

GLAD YOU ARE FEELING BETTER !!! 

Lauryn's Mom
Danielle
Beta Thal Major
Administrator
Supreme Member

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2007, 12:49:40 AM »

I'm so glad you are doing well, Courtenay, and that you had a much better experience this time.  So glad to have you back with us.  You had us worried.   
jzd24

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2007, 05:17:48 AM »

It's great to hear you are doing somewhat better, and had improved nursing care. Hope you get better and better each day. Jean
Pages: 1 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: