Hello I am new

• 3 Replies
Hello I am new
« on: February 19, 2007, 04:43:53 AM »
:wink   

Hello everyone. I am new here and I have known about my Thalassemia since I was very young. I now have since given birth to three children and have one on the way and my two older children (both girls) have been diagnaosed with Thalassemia minor. And my youngest ( my only son) goes for his cbc in a few weeks. I was just doing some more searching on my family's condition and found this website. Hope all is well with everyone here and that this is also helpful for me and my precious babies (I call them my bosses). I look forward to hearing form all of you and God bless.

C. M. Romano

Offline Courtenay1826

• Mommy to Karol & Mychael
  • Thal Minor (with symptoms!)
Re: Hello I am new
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2007, 04:45:40 AM »
Welcome to the group, C.M.! I hope you will find all the information and support you need!

:hugfriend for you!

Courtenay

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2007, 04:50:01 AM »
Thanks! I was wondering what is the one that is a little more serious than minor and do you know if there are any other complications to that form of T.?

Offline Courtenay1826

• Mommy to Karol & Mychael
  • Thal Minor (with symptoms!)
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2007, 05:11:56 AM »
Thalassemia Intermedia is not just "a little" more serious than minor.  It can have a lot of differing symptoms with varying levels of symptoms and severity.  You might want to ask the Thal Intermedia board for a generalized answer...Also, cooleysanemia.org has a great description of general symptoms. 

Also, Thal minor can be symptomatic or asymptomatic, which is called Thalassemia Minima, or Thal trait.  There is a wide vareity of thal minor symptoms, and they are doing research and finding out more everyday.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk