• Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
    April 20, 2021, 08:42:08 PM

• Login with username, password and session length

Sajid's dove

Tell everyone they can now find this site by typing this into their browser:

thalpal.com

Click to visit us on Facebook

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please send an email to: andythalpal@yahoo.com
Please do not send questions about thalassemia to this address.

Administrators
Andy
Danielle

Thalassemia Patients and Friends and thalpal thalpal.com Ā© A. Battaglia 2021

55463 Posts in 5940 Topics by 6278 Members
Latest Member: PuntaLanza

A message for all  parents who are thals. Keeping your iron load under control is an absolute obligation to your children.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hello I am new  (Read 4536 times)
Romano3128

« on: February 19, 2007, 04:43:53 AM »

Hello everyone. I am new here and I have known about my Thalassemia since I was very young. I now have since given birth to three children and have one on the way and my two older children (both girls) have been diagnaosed with Thalassemia minor. And my youngest ( my only son) goes for his cbc in a few weeks. I was just doing some more searching on my family's condition and found this website. Hope all is well with everyone here and that this is also helpful for me and my precious babies (I call them my bosses). I look forward to hearing form all of you and God bless.

C. M. Romano
Courtenay1826
Mommy to Karol & Mychael

Thal Minor (with symptoms!)

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2007, 04:45:40 AM »

Welcome to the group, C.M.! I hope you will find all the information and support you need!

for you!

Courtenay

Romano3128

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2007, 04:50:01 AM »

Thanks! I was wondering what is the one that is a little more serious than minor and do you know if there are any other complications to that form of T.?
Courtenay1826
Mommy to Karol & Mychael

Thal Minor (with symptoms!)

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2007, 05:11:56 AM »

Thalassemia Intermedia is not just "a little" more serious than minor.  It can have a lot of differing symptoms with varying levels of symptoms and severity.  You might want to ask the Thal Intermedia board for a generalized answer...Also, cooleysanemia.org has a great description of general symptoms. 

Also, Thal minor can be symptomatic or asymptomatic, which is called Thalassemia Minima, or Thal trait.  There is a wide vareity of thal minor symptoms, and they are doing research and finding out more everyday.

Pages: 1 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: